Teensy 4.0 connection/upload issues

Hi all,

I've been merrily making progress on some Teensy coding, and just at the point where I'm really getting somewhere, my Teensy 4.0 has started playing up and generally won't accept uploads. The symptoms are:

• Teensy LED doesn't light up when I plug it in to the USB cable (I seem to recall it did light up at this point before, but may be mistaken).
  • No Teensy-specific serial port is shown (I believe Teensy needs to run a programme once in order for this to happen, though?).
  • When I try to upload a sketch, I get the 'No Teensy boards were found on any USB ports of your computer.' message.
  • Clicking on the hardware reset button does make the Teensy LED light up and the Teensy utility shows it rebooting, but it otherwise doesn't help.
  • Very occasionally, the Teensy will allow a sketch to be uploaded and shows the port, but this generally only works once.

Uploads were working fine before, and I've tried a multitude of data transfer cables, at least two of which I know worked previously. I've tried plugging the Teensy into a USB hub, but this also doesn't help.

• I've tried unplugging the Teensy from the audio shield which I'm using, so I'm just plugging the USB cable in to the Teensy; doesn't make any difference. Different sketches also make no difference.
  • I'm running Arduino 1.8.5 on Mac; Teensyduino 1.5.7.
  • I'm wondering if my board has become fried somehow? Any advice would be gratefully received, as I fear this may otherwise be the end of the road for my project and possibly my Teensy journey.

I can gladly post the code, but as it's long and it would seem to be a hardware issue(?), I won't do this for now.

All the best,

francoflame

Clicking on the hardware reset button does make the Teensy LED light up and the Teensy utility shows it rebooting, but it otherwise doesn't help.
That is NOT a Reset Button, Teensy does NOT have one.
It is a programming Button. See below which is part of the Teensy documentation.
z.jpg

Thanks, @BriComp! Hmm - just noticed the part about 'Memory wipe & LED blink restore' if the button is held down for between 13-17 seconds. I'll give that a go to see if it helps.

The upshot of this was that 'Memory wipe & LED blink restore' does seem to have helped - I haven't had chance to do much coding since I tried it, but it did seem to get the connection established again.

Back