Recommended sites to buy Teensy 4.1

dicas3d

Welcome.
I'm from an European Union, schengen and Euro zone country. I would like to know of any recommendation to most cheapest possible website to buy 3 Teensy 4.1. The country is Portugal. What is the right website to buy with total cost (including shipping and customs fees) as low as possible. I'm looking for boards with an Ethernet kit and pin headers. In my search pjrc is yet the best option even with customs.

If you go to the main <PJRC store> page, there's a list of distributors down the right-hand side. Don't have any experience with any of those listed in the European area, but maybe one would fill your need.

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

If you go to the main <PJRC store> page, there's a list of distributors down the right-hand side. Don't have any experience with any of those listed in the European area, but maybe one would fill your need.

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

I already tryed it. But from that list I get the same price yet equal to receive the package directly from pjrc.

Antratek give me an more nice price. It yet gets the same price as from pjrc + VAT + shipping costs to Portugal of aproximately 10€. BerryBase also, but with an reduced shipping cost.

Last edited:
Prices you see at PJRC and most other US websites don't include European VAT or tariff. Often the carrier will demand an additional payment when they deliver the package, to collect the VAT and tariff charges. Sometimes those payments include an extra fee for handling the customs clearance (especially with business-oriented services like UPS and DHL). If you're not familiar with international import of goods, those extra fees can come as quite an unpleasant surprise.

From the tone of this conversation, seems like a few extra Euros cost is a big issue for you. I really believe you would be better off buying from a country inside the EU which can offer much better certainty about the total cost. If you import from outside the EU (or maybe England) you're taking a pretty substantial risk of hidden extra fees which will be charged by the carrier when they deliver the package.

Prices you see at PJRC and most other US websites don't include European VAT or tariff. Often the carrier will demand an additional payment when they deliver the package, to collect the VAT and tariff charges. Sometimes those payments include an extra fee for handling the customs clearance (especially with business-oriented services like UPS and DHL). If you're not familiar with international import of goods, those extra fees can come as quite an unpleasant surprise.

From the tone of this conversation, seems like a few extra Euros cost is a big issue for you. I really believe you would be better off buying from a country inside the EU which can offer much better certainty about the total cost. If you import from outside the EU (or maybe England) you're taking a pretty substantial risk of hidden extra fees which will be charged by the carrier when they deliver the package.
Yes I know, but some websites outside of european union, are registered on "One Stop Shop" portal from European country (like the https://coolcomponents.co.uk) so when you paid the product already paid VAT. In this case you pay VAT only over the product if not you pay VAT over the price of product + shipping cost. Products like Teensy have an special customs code that dont need to pay customs rates (8542319000).
I take the opportunity to give the suggestion of registering the PJRC portal at "One Stop Shop"-OSS. Your company dont loss anything, european union customers thank because that way we pay less VAT. VAT is a tax of 23% over the price of the product or price of the product more shipping depending on whether the site is in the oss (or the european union) or not.It even reduces the delay in delivery.

Nice tip. In the site you reccomended I can save 21,45 £ (24,47€ with exchange rate 1 £ - 1,14€). With help of an cupon of 10%

I am glad it helped. Bear in mind that you can only use that 10% coupon once, so make sure you make the best use of it.

Back