SD bmp image issue

econjack

I'm using 2.0.4 with Win 11 and a Teensy 4.1. I'm am beating my head against the wall over this compiler error message:

c:/users/user/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/5.4.1/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/fpu/fpv5-d16\libc.a(lib_a-openr.o): In function `_open_r':
openr.c:(.text._open_r+0x12): undefined reference to `_open'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

I'm trying to access the onboard SD card and I know it's good as the Card Info program works. I have also run some other example programs that read a BMP file from the SD card, and those work. I can read the bmp image with one of the examples sketches on a 2.8" ILI9431 display (SPI), but I can't "manipulate" it. I'm trying to read that same BMP image for display/manipulation using the ILI9431_t3 library.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using 2.0.4 with Win 11 and a Teensy 4.1. I'm am beating my head against the wall over this compiler error message:

c:/users/user/appdata/local/arduino15/packages/teensy/tools/teensy-compile/5.4.1/arm/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-none-eabi/5.4.1/../../../../arm-none-eabi/lib/armv7e-m/fpu/fpv5-d16\libc.a(lib_a-openr.o): In function `_open_r':
openr.c:(.text._open_r+0x12): undefined reference to `_open'
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1

Compilation error: exit status 1

I'm trying to access the onboard SD card and I know it's good as the Card Info program works. I have also run some other example programs that read a BMP file from the SD card, and those work. I can read the bmp image with one of the examples sketches on a 2.8" ILI9431 display (SPI), but I can't "manipulate" it. I'm trying to read that same BMP image for display/manipulation using the ILI9431_t3 library.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Can you post the sketch you are using that causes this error? We can only guess at what is causing the error. Right off the bat it looks like it is trying to access POSIX style file functions which Teensyduino does not support. You might try looking at the examples in the "SD" library. I would start with "SdFat_Usage.ino"...

@wwatson: You're right. There was a FILE reference buried in the code that I didn't see. Thanks for the clue!!

Back