Wedding audio guestbook project - query from a noob

Hi all,
I'm going to try and build the project shown in this youtube video - but I am a total noob to all things arduino.

So, 2 questions
- I have got a 64GB SD card to put in the audio shield board, so that is formatted as ExFAT - skimming the forum, it looks like the board may only be able to read FAT16 or FAT32 - is this correct?
- Where would I find a program to test reading / writing to the SD card before I try the project?

Hi all,
I'm going to try and build the project shown in this youtube video - but I am a total noob to all things arduino.

So, 2 questions
- I have got a 64GB SD card to put in the audio shield board, so that is formatted as ExFAT - skimming the forum, it looks like the board may only be able to read FAT16 or FAT32 - is this correct?
- Where would I find a program to test reading / writing to the SD card before I try the project?

Recent versions of the Teensy arduino overlay now support reading ExFat files.

If you go into File Menu -> Examples -> Audio -> HardwareTesting -> SD_CARD -> SdCardTest there is an example test program.

Note in that example, you will need to change the lines:

Code:
// Use these with the Teensy Audio Shield
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    10
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  7
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   14

// Use these with the Teensy 3.5 & 3.6 SD card
//#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    BUILTIN_SDCARD
//#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  11  // not actually used
//#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   13  // not actually used

to

Code:
// Use these with the Teensy Audio Shield
//#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    10
//#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  7
//#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   14

// Use these with the Teensy 3.5, 3.6, and 4.1 SD card
//#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    BUILTIN_SDCARD
//#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  11  // not actually used
//#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   13  // not actually used

// Use these lines with the Teensy 4.0/4.1 using the SD card on the audio shield:
#define SDCARD_CS_PIN    10
#define SDCARD_MOSI_PIN  11
#define SDCARD_SCK_PIN   13

It is unfortunate that the Audio examples that use the SD card have not been updated to know about the different pin assignments for the Teensy 4.0/4.1 compared to the older Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6.

Many thanks for that - SD card tests OK.

The next problem, however...

I downloaded the program for the wedding audio guestbook from https://github.com/playfultechnology/audio-guestbook - and following the youtube video, I changed the Sketchbook location to the path to the teensy libraries, to this:
libraries.png

but when I try to compile the program, I get this error:
compilation error.png

It looks like it's trying to find a library called play_serialflash_raw.h, and there is one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio , but I don't understand why it's using a forward slash in the path, rather than a backslash.

Any help appreciated.

Back