Teensy 4.0 and Pi 3b USB connection help

JOSHAHAHAHA

Hello all! I would love some help with my fun retropi portable gaming console project (link below)
https://www.instructables.com/GamePi-the-Handheld-Emulator-Console/

I'm having issues with my Pi recognising my teensy4.0 when i solder the USB as in the attached instructions below - TeensyLC_instrcutions1.jpg (197.6 KB)
However when using a USB cable from my Pi the Teensy everything works fine. To save space in the gaming case I will need the Teensy to work via soldering.

The project instructions do use a Teensy whereas I am using a Teensy 4

What am I doing incorrectly?

On the Teensy 4.0 I have soldered wiring to the D- D+ G and VUSB going to the PI. Picture attached!

My Pi is powered via a 600mah powerbank 5v 3amp. I dont want to fry my teensy by sending too much voltage.

What am I doing incorrectly??? Any help would be massively appreciated!

Attachments

• TeensyLC_instrcutions1.jpg
    TeensyLC_instrcutions1.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot 2023-03-25 161253.jpg
    Screenshot 2023-03-25 161253.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 18
Quick answer (& hoping I'm correct, as I don't have any experience with the Teensy LC): of this, I am certain: the D+/D- pads on the bottom of the T4.0 are for the USB host interface made for plugging other USB peripherals into the Teensy. I don't think that's the interface you intended to be using. Unfortunately, the pins on the microUSB are not very accessible.

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Quick answer (& hoping I'm correct, as I don't have any experience with the Teensy LC): of this, I am certain: the D+/D- pads on the bottom of the T4.0 are for the USB host interface made for plugging other USB peripherals into the Teensy. I don't think that's the interface you intended to be using. Unfortunately, the pins on the microUSB are not very accessible.

Hope that helps !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

You are correct, in fact it is labelled "USB HOST" between the D- and D+ pads on the T4.0.

Oh so there is no way to solder the Teensy4.0 so the pi recognises the T4 just as if it were connected via a USB cable??

Oh so there is no way to solder the Teensy4.0 so the pi recognises the T4 just as if it were connected via a USB cable??

Back