Compilation error for wedding audio guest book

I downloaded the program for the wedding audio guestbook from https://github.com/playfultechnology/audio-guestbook - and following the youtube video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dI6ielrP1SE&ab_channel=PlayfulTechnology), I changed the Sketchbook location to the path to the teensy libraries, to this:

libraries error.png

but when I try to compile the program, I get this error:

compilation error.png

It looks like it's trying to find a library called play_serialflash_raw.h, and there is one in C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\Audio , but I don't understand why it's using a forward slash in the path, rather than a backslash.

Any help appreciated.

This error means you're missing the SerialFlash library. It's one of the many optional libraries in the installer.

Run the Teensyduino installer again and install the optional libraries.

Okay, so I re-ran the teensyduino installer, and this time selected Audio, Bounce2, Time, and SerialFlash.

Now when I compile, I get this error:

C:\Users\Tevalis\Desktop\Teensy progs\audio-guestbook-main\audio-guestbook-main\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook.ino:30:24: fatal error: MTP_Teensy.h: No such file or directory
Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
compilation terminated.
Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

Arrange your Audio Guestbook code directory structure as below:
C:\Users\Tevalis\Desktop\Teensy progs\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook.ino

So I loaded the code, then saved it to C:\users\tevalis\desktop\teensy progs\audio-guestbook.
It then saved as C:\Users\Tevalis\Desktop\Teensy progs\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook.ino
When I try to compile it, I get this error:

Arduino: 1.8.19 (Windows 10), TD: 1.57, Board: "Teensy 4.0, Serial, 600 MHz, Faster, US English"
Multiple libraries were found for "SD.h"
Used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\SD
C:\Users\Tevalis\Desktop\Teensy progs\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook\audio-guestbook.ino:30:24: fatal error: MTP_Teensy.h: No such file or directory
Not used: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\SD
compilation terminated.
Error compiling for board Teensy 4.0.

I guess the failure is due to the file MTP_Teensy.h not being found - but there's no clue as where I should find it

I've done a search of my C:\ drive, but can't find it anywhere.

OK - so I downloaded version 1.58 and installed it, selecting the libraries recommended in the youtube video.

Tried to compile, and got an error similar to the above.

So I ran the 1.58 installer again, and this time selected all the libraries.

Tried to compile and still get the error - here's a screenshot:

compilation error.png

(I've also just realised the date - this is NOT an April fools joke).

Please take a look at my supposedly improved documentation, which you can find at https://github.com/h4yn0nnym0u5e/audio-guestbook/tree/feature/doc-01. This gives you a bit more detail on where the sketch and libraries need to be in order to work, including screenshots.

I’ve put in a pull request to get this into the original repository, but I think the owner has lost interest. If you think it’s helpful I might see if I can chivvy him up; if you think it needs further improvement, let me know!

Well, I copied your file structure shown in your images, but I still get the same error.

Interestingly, I don't have the tools menu option for Audio tweaks - bigger blocks.

I might try going back to the video and copying the listing shown in that as that doesn't include MTP_Teensy.h - if that then works, I'll be able to tweak the program.

Ignore the below - I eventually stopped assuming, and read what you'd put - I copied the MTP library in it's folder structure to the teensy library folder, rather than what I'd been doing before, which was extracting the files from the src folder and putting them there.

The program now compiles and runs!

Now I've got it working with my test microphone and speaker, all I have to do is connect it up to the old telephone I have, and hope that it works with that :)

Thank you for your help.

Hi,

I have a query about the project - currently if you lift the handset, it will play the greeting, and then start recording - but there doesn't seem to be a timeout, so if a drunken wedding guest just lifts the handset and doesn't put it back on the phone, it will keep recording until the SD card is full.

I don't know C++, so I wondering what would be the syntax to put a (say) 30 second timeout on the recording - something like

Dim StartTime as Datetime = datetime.now()
do while Datetime.now() < Starttime.addseconds(30)

... recording function here

loop

Back