New(ish) Teensy Won't Connect

maxvi11e

Hello Teensy world, new user here. Excited to get started with Teensy but excuse my lack of knowledge!

I'm trying to build a simple synth that receives midi from a keyboard and has ADSR control.

My teensy 4.1 was connecting and functioning properly. Then I added in the audio shield, usb shield cable, keyboard and pots.

I tried to make it work without soldering, just as a test. probably a bad idea :/

the connections were coming in and out but I tried to hold them in place. a red light was flashing on the teensy.

then the board lost connection to Arduino IDE. now when i plug it in, I get 3 orange flashes and I can see the correct port on Arduino IDE, then the port disappears.

if i click the button I get the red flash for bootloader mode, but the port drops in the same amount of time. I have tried 2 different usb cables with the same result.

if anyone has any ideas on what's going on, please let me know. thank you!

TLDR-

Teensy loses port connection after 3 orange flashes. Please help!

You can go here to understand what the "blink" codes mean and can progress from there: https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html (near bottom of page).

According to that information; 3 Blinks = Flash Chip Error, Missing or Incorrect ID. The flash memory chip did not respond to the JEDEC ID query, or it is an incompatible chip.

As to the rest, are you saying that you connected all of the above devices via bread-board or just held stuff in place? Bread-boarding all of that is just fine. Have you tried doing a "factory reset" on the teensy to see if that gets it back to normal? See if that works with nothing connected to the Teensy that is not soldered on.

To Memory Wipe & LED Blink Restore: Teensy 4.1 will fully erase its non-volatile memory and return the flash memory to a simple LED blink program if the program button is held between 13 to 17 seconds. The red LED flashes briefly at the beginning of this time window. During flash erase, the red LED is on bright. When completed, Teensy 4.1 will automatically reboot and run the LED blink program, causing the orange LED to blink slowly.

Back