Teensyduino 1.58 Beta #4

Installed TD1.58B4 over Arduino 1.8.19 with no issues. Testing several libraries. So far no problems found.

Looks like I neglected to put the AVR compiler for Teensy 2.0 into the new toolchain package for Arduino 2.0.x. Teensy 2.0 works with Arduino 1.8.19, but can't compile with Arduino 2.0.4. Adding it now....

I've updated the test package index.

Code:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_158/package_teensy_index.json

If you previously used this URL in Arduino 2.0.x, press Ctrl-Shift-P and click "Arduino: Update Package Index". The new version (which will go live soon for all users) offers only 3 stable versions: 1.58.0, 1.57.2, 1.56.1.

screenshot.png

The only change since earlier today is additional of the AVR toolchain, so programs for Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0 can compile.

Said it updated - maintained the old list of versions

Closed Coremark sketch window and re-opened and then Board Mgr list was updated, except it doesn't show 1.58.0 since it is already installed.

... safe to skip with no pre T_3.x's here.

I've updated the test package index.

Code:
https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_158/package_teensy_index.json

If you previously used this URL in Arduino 2.0.x, press Ctrl-Shift-P and click "Arduino: Update Package Index". The new version (which will go live soon for all users) offers only 3 stable versions: 1.58.0, 1.57.2, 1.56.1.

View attachment 30783

The only change since earlier today is additional of the AVR toolchain, so programs for Teensy 2.0 and Teensy++ 2.0 can compile.

Yep updated to new URL and verified that those are the only versions seen ( using 2.0.5 nightly3/11/23) probably should update to latest nightly.

I am trying to get it to update.

I tried it by saying remove Teensy and then reinstall... First pass it said something about removing a corrupt file for avr...

Did it again: I went through, but now getting this error, when trying to build:
Screenshot.png
Maybe McAfee did something wrong. ...
Investigating... But may need more coffee first

Edit: Here is a hint:
Screenshot1.png

And it appeared like it took the others away as well.

EDIT2 - more on the released thread. Short story, I tried to update from yesterdays 1.58 to the released 1.58, by doing board type un-install, and then reinstall. But the unstall left the tools directory with only teesy.exe as that was running at the time...

Last edited:
Back