Display recommendations?

kobe

There are a lot of threads out there on displays, and I've bought a few only to not use them. I am looking for a recommendation for the latest "easy" to implement library. I seek recommendations to what would be the latest easy or robust solution.

My goals are to create a GUI, with multiple pages. On these pages I would like to display an Array, such that the X and Y axis have predefined intervals, and the values in the table can be navigated and altered using a rotary encoder (turn, click, turn up or down to increase/decrease values click). I don't mean to include this as a request to be native to the solution, simply trying to be clear about what my intended display goals are.

I am pretty open to protocols and products and software right now, so I'm hoping there is a good solution that can get me there relatively easily.

I have looked at the nextion products; they look promising

I also like the 4d systems display

There are also several ESP32 integrated displays that I know could be made to work that look nice.

I have enough of a grasp on the coding side of things to work out the basic project I have, but when it comes to displays, so far I have not been successful or committed to any displays.

Any guidance here would be great

Thanks

PS
The only real requirement on the display is preferably larger size, and brighter NITs, as the device will encounter indirect sunlight, and will be mounted a few feet away. I would imagine a 2.8" would be on the small side to make this functional but still could work. A ~4" display appears to be a good size from what I can tell.

I can only speak to 2.8" displays, as I use them in just about every project
+
great libraries from general display, UI tools, fonts (custom as well), to graphing tools, and more.
pretty darn fast (with the right lib), I've not used the buffer support, but online example show video grade performance
cheap
reliable
mine have full touch + SD cards + ability to readPixel() so i often use a print screen to...ya know save the screen to a BMP file

-
not real big
not real bright in direct sun (really unreadable in direct sun)
suffers from off-normal viewing --45 deg viewing, they are not pretty
back light concept. I have a clock with weather info and other data on my nightstand. Even with the display at 5% PWM, the backlight leaks and becomes a night light

Not sure if this helped, but always willing to chime in.

Back