Teensy shortage in South Africa.

Steffan

Hi Paul,

Teensy 4 is a great product.
There is just no stock in South Africa.
Can you comment on that, what are your insight on that?
Can I still use teensy 4 as a platform for my projects?
No teensy means no project, means no product, means no...etc.etc.
I understand that you are a busy man,
but I need to make a decision here.
I can't wait too long, time is running out, I'll have to look for an alternative, if there is such a thing.

Best/kind Regards.

Steffan, South Africa.

There is just no stock in South Africa.

Please contact your favorite retailers / distributors who have run out of stock. Ask them to email me directly.

PJRC has plenty of stock for all Teensy 4.x models, as well as the accessories like audio shield, ethernet parts kit, etc. If they want to restock, we can certainly provide the inventory.

They may simply not know Teensy 4 boards are available. They probably purchased previously through another company. Of course this is guesswork, since I can't know why, but I believe many people are still just assuming so many products just aren't available due to chip shortages and they're probably not even trying until someone reaches out with fresh communication.

I can help, but I don't have contact info. If you have any communication with them, please ask them email PJRC directly for help. Or if you can send me contact info, I'll try to reach out.

If they want to restock, this is a solvable problem. But it's going to require direct communication. Just complaining about it here on the forum isn't going to do any good. Direct communication needs to be started so we can get them Teensy 4 stock.

Shortages on Teensy 4.0 and Teensy 4.1 ended around June 2023. Today if a website or store doesn't have stock, it's simply because they haven't restocked. Plenty of supply exists.

For the first half of 2023, they were usually in stock at PJRC, Sparkfun, Adafruit and several others, but were often running low. Production in the first half of 2023 was perhaps just below total demand, so several stores would run out of stock, but usually only briefly. Those days have passed. Plenty have been available for the 2nd half of 2023. Enough are in stock and in the production pipeline that shortages are extremely unlikely for the rest of 2023 and well into 2024.

If you can talk to anyone at Microrobotics, tell them you want to buy and ask they to restock.

I suspect someone there will read this - I have already added myself to their "Teensy back in stock notify lists".
The Durban store may be convenient for those living around there.

Back