Problem using Teensy library

Cr2O7

Hi!
I have a very strange experience using Teensy libraries on one of my Linux PCs.

The story goes as follows:

I have two (Linux 22.04) PCs that utilises Synology CloudStation for syncronising files between them, including the folders containing my own developed Teensy sources and libraries.

In the past it have been possible to use any one of the PCs for developing purposes, ie. compiling and uploading sketches. This can’t be done to the same extent any longer, only on one of them.

The culprit, I think, is the fact that on the ‘faulty’ PC for a short period Arduino IDE 2 was installed.
However, after discovering that the functionality to pause scrolling in the monitor of this version didn't work, I installed the previous version (1.8.19). After this it is not possible to use libraries, but ‘stand alone’ sketches works nicely!

My feeling is that some remains of the Arduino IDE 2 installation is still there, if so how to remove it?

Attached: The library and some printouts from the compilation.

Rgds,
Göran

Attachments

• Teensy_library_problems.zip
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
In Arduino 1.8.19, click Help > About to check which version of Teensyduino you have installed.

Version 1.57 and later are designed to prevent interference from Arduino 2.0.x packages. Maybe you have 1.56 or earlier installed?

You can get 1.58 here:

https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/td_download.html

Or if you want 1.57 (last version using the old gcc 5.4.1 compiler) copy the URL and edit "158" to "157".

If you want to try deleting the Teensy package, safest way is to run Arduino 2.0.4 and uninstall it with Boards Manager. The "uninstall" button is sort of hidden in plain sight. Look for the word "INSTALLED", which is colored but doesn't really look like a clickable button. When you hover your mouse over it, you should see it's actually clickable to uninstall the version you currently have.

Or (more risky) from the command line, type "cd ~/.arduino15". You want to delete package_teensy_index.json and preferences.teensy, and inside the packages folder, delete "teensy" and everything inside it. Make sure no copy of Arduino is running while you're making changes inside the ~/.arduino15 folder!

Hi,
The problem is solved, it was a faulty path to the 'Sketchbook location', aaargh..

Thank you anyway!

//Göran

Back