FS-1A6B on Teensy 4.1

TerHartHolland

Hi,

i bought myself a Teensy 4.1 and want to have it work with a Flysky FS-1A6B receiver in PPM mode.
Since the inputs on the Teensy are not 5V tolerant, I need to know if I have to use a level shifter. I am not exactly sure what the voltage level of the PPM output of the FS-1A6B is.
Can anybody help?

Thanks!

Hi,

i bought myself a Teensy 4.1 and want to have it work with a Flysky FS-1A6B receiver in PPM mode.
Since the inputs on the Teensy are not 5V tolerant, I need to know if I have to use a level shifter. I am not exactly sure what the voltage level of the PPM output of the FS-1A6B is.
Can anybody help?

Thanks!

What is a "FlySky FS-1A6B" ?? Do you have a link to the hardware and/or specifications of the device ??

More info will help others to help you !!

Mark J Culross
KD5RXT

Sorry, you're absolutely right. I should have given more info.
The Flysky FS-1A6B is a receiver meant for RC applications. Together with the Flysky FS-I6X it is a remote control transmitter/receiver set. For controlling a drone for instance.
The receiver has a PPm output that goes right into the Teensy 4.1 microcontroller.
I am using this PPM input now with a level shifter. 5V to 3.3 Volt. Just to be sure. Better safe then sorry.
I am not sure, maybe this is overkill. Maybe I can just connect the output from the receiver straight into an input of the FS-1A6B receiver.
PPM signals have a volatge level. the thing is: i can't find the value. But, if I'm wrong, I will fry my brandnew Teensy 4.1. Not a good idea!!
Maybe somebody has more knwledge of PPM signals and the voltage level of aPPM signal.

Can I connect the PPM output of the receiver straight into the Teensy or is a level shifter necessary?

Thans for your help,

Hans ter Hart

Sorry, I looked yesterday and did not see anywhere, where they specified the voltage of the signals.
So I would guess maybe 5v so I would also use the level shifter

Back