capacitive touchscreen with teensy

lokki

hi there, could a screen like this:

https://www.waveshare.com/11.9inch-hdmi-lcd.htm

be used with a teensy 4.1?
what latency could I expect from the touch interface? since this is usb based I guess it needs some kind of driver, and since it works on windows and linux I think it will be fairly standard. Ideally I would want to have a teensy that displays something on the screen and reads back the touches. this would be used as a musical instrument, so low latency would be important.

things that are important for this project:

visible area maximum: 31x6.5cm
touch functionality

if there are other options in this form-factor around that have touch and work well with a teensy I am all ears!!

cheers

thanks for your answer. yes I am aware that the teensy has no HDMI out, but maybe the display driver board is "common" and can be somehow hijacked by a teensy... or as I wrote maybe someone else has a suggestion for a similar size screen that I could use with a teensy..

At one time there was the Gamedunio 3X Dazzler for Teensy that could do 1280x720. However, it looks like it is sold out at excamera, adafruit, crowdsupply, and digikey (mouser may have 3, but I suspect it isn't the dazzler but the standard gamedunio 3 which includes a display):

I saw Adafruit recently released a RP2040 feather with DVI support that can talk to HDMI, but at 400x240 max resolution, it is probably not that useful.

At one point I was on jamesbowman's mailing list (3x dazzler creater), but I haven't seen anything since March 2022.

Back