How to upload an .hex firmware to teensy board WITHOUT pressing the onboard Button?

ruiseixas

Hi,

I have an .hex file and I don't have easy access to the programming button of the board. I have tried with AUTO without AUTO but when I select the firmware (.hex) file the Teensy Loader does nothing, it stays still waiting for pressing the button. Am I forced to disassembly a device just o press this silly button? I search a lot for a simple solution for this and it remains a big mystery"!

I just want to upload a firmware (.hex) file to a Teensy board without having to press a button on it, is this asking too much? Arduinos allow this!

Thanks

Hi,

I have an .hex file and I don't have easy access to the programming button of the board. I have tried with AUTO without AUTO but when I select the firmware (.hex) file the Teensy Loader does nothing, it stays still waiting for pressing the button. Am I forced to disassembly a device just o press this silly button? I search a lot for a simple solution for this and it remains a big mystery"!

I just want to upload a firmware (.hex) file to a Teensy board without having to press a button on it, is this asking too much? Arduinos allow this!

Thanks

In linux you can use the command line teensy loader. https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_cli.html
There are windows builds of this but I've not seen one that works without having to press the reset button, the -s option isn't supported.

Instead in windows start the loader app (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\teensy.exe as default) in auto mode. Then run the teensy_reboot app (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\teensy_reboot.exe as default). This doesn't work if some other application has the port open (e.g. the monitor window in the arduino IDE).

In linux you can use the command line teensy loader. https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/loader_cli.html
There are windows builds of this but I've not seen one that works without having to press the reset button, the -s option isn't supported.

Instead in windows start the loader app (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\teensy.exe as default) in auto mode. Then run the teensy_reboot app (C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\teensy_reboot.exe as default). This doesn't work if some other application has the port open (e.g. the monitor window in the arduino IDE).

I am using the 2.x version of arduino and this location doesn't exist C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\ ?

For 2.x it would be something like this, with your own "user" name and whatever TD version your are using..

Code:
C:\Users\user\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\teensy\tools\teensy-tools\0.58.3

Back