My teensy4.1 board arrived today and I am tasked with ADXL1002

New_bee

I am new to programming and code but a friend advised me to start with this board. The pressing issue now is how we should connect our new ADXL1002 to the board and code. We will be glad if we can get a library or advice on that. ADXL1002 is analog accelerometer, so can we use the Teensy4.1 ADC pin or do we need another ADC module? If we need one, which do you think is good for vibration analysis?

When you power the ADXL1002 with 3V3 from Teensy pin "3V" and connect the ADXL1002 output to an ADC pin, you can start testing and coding.
For regular sampling you can use the 'analogRead' command. For more advanced stuff, you can use the ADC library.
Mind you, the Teensy 4.1 pins can handle max 3V3, not 5V!

Success,
Paul

When you power the ADXL1002 with 3V3 from Teensy pin "3V" and connect the ADXL1002 output to an ADC pin, you can start testing and coding.
For regular sampling you can use the 'analogRead' command. For more advanced stuff, you can use the ADC library.
Mind you, the Teensy 4.1 pins can handle max 3V3, not 5V!

Success,
Paul

Thanks for your response.

Can I connect ADXL1002 directly to Teensy4.1 analogue pin?

Yes, you can but you have to power the ADXL1002 from the Teensy 3V pin (or an external powersupply <= 3V3).
Depending on your application you may want add a low-pass filter as described in the datasheet.

Paul

Back