Help building a single piezo drum pad

Awesome. I'm so excited about this, I've got all the stuff ordered and it's by slightly "off-brand" makers that still happen to be oem. Hoping it all works out because I'm definitely willing to practice to understand the physical trick/muscle memory involved.
I went ahead and also got a wire stripper that focuses on Dupont-proximity gages because I would love to be able to someday just skin them with a paring knife, but in the meantime I don't totally trust myself, lol.

At this point I can't remember if I described the one sensor that I ordered that came with it's wires soldered already to its breakout board, but that was the second one I ordered. The first one came in a set of four and they were soldered on the ceramic side of course, but not not on tour into anything else. They came with breakout boards with screw terminals and they're just so damn squirrely to keep hold of. At any rate, I did my first attempt at soldering because the red wire came loose on the one that I ordered that came pre-soldered/connected to its breakout board. And it worked okay! It's the grossest looking caterpillar shaped thing but it works and was playing very nicely with the Arduino IDE.
Then a few hours later the same thing happened with the black wire. So I'm getting ready to solder that but I'm going to try a different tip, a more finely pointed conical one, and although I'm not getting it yet I can already see the need/convenience of having the third arm type of appliance.
Is it okay if I keep in touch with you via this thread for updates or if questions emerge? I want to feel like I've got this from here on out but at the same time, I should probably estimate the chance of more questions being like 194%. I can definitely try to word them more briefly.
But I want to thank you for sticking with me and for all the help and information. I don't think I would have gotten near this far, especially without wasting a crap ton more money than I already have, if it wasn't for you willingness to reply and I may have said this earlier but this has been a dream of mine, making this velocity sensitive drum pad, for a few years so I can't tell you how much I appreciate the assistance! From everyone who's replied, of course. But BriComp You haven't disappeared or fallen by the wayside and that means so much.

Back