ADXL345 highest data rate is 3200Hz , how can I get 30ksps or more using Teensy4.1

New_bee

I am trying to use ADXL345 to test for vibration in a machine. My colleague advised we try to achieve higher samples since we are going to connect ESP-01 and use ESPnow protocol

I am trying to use ADXL345 to test for vibration in a machine. My colleague advised we try to achieve higher samples since we are going to connect ESP-01 and use ESPnow protocol

If you want higher-frequency data, you need a different sensor. The link below is an article from Analog Devices on choosing a MEMS vibration sensor. There is a chart that shows their highest-bandwidth sensors are in the 25 kHz range. If you google "high-frequency MEMS vibration sensor", you will find many links and articles.

https://www.analog.com/en/technical-articles/best-mems-sensor-for-wireless-cbm-system-part-2.html

If you want higher-frequency data, you need a different sensor. The link below is an article from Analog Devices on choosing a MEMS vibration sensor. There is a chart that shows their highest-bandwidth sensors are in the 25 kHz range. If you google "high-frequency MEMS vibration sensor", you will find many links and articles.

https://www.analog.com/en/technical-articles/best-mems-sensor-for-wireless-cbm-system-part-2.html

Okay thanks, do you have an idea of the maximum possible ksps we can achieve

Okay thanks, do you have an idea of the maximum possible ksps we can achieve

The highest rate I saw for an ADXL device was 25 kHz, but I saw many articles on "high frequency" and "high bandwidth" MEMS accelerometers, so there may be faster ones out there, though they may be very specialized. I saw lots of articles on CBM (condition-based monitoring) via MEMS devices. Do some googling and reading. If you can find an SPI device with higher bandwidth, it will likely have a high maximum SPI clock rate, but T4.1 is extremely fast, so there is a good chance it will be able to achieve the required SPI clock frequency.

Back