Assigning Teensy MicroSD card to a Windows drive letter.

aaelghat

So I have a few dozen Teensy boards that I use to record audio as .wav files on the MicroSD card. When I plug the USB into my Windows 11 laptop, the Teensy appears as a device and I can navigate to the folders with the .wav files, but I want to create a script on my laptop that automatically copies the files over. To do that, I need to assign a drive letter to the Teensy MicroSD card automatically. I've tried to do this all sorts of ways, including using the external program USBDLM (https://www.uwe-sieber.de/usbdlm_e.html).

Ideally I'd like the drive letter to be assigned to the Teensy either in a Windows batch file or Python script I would launch after I plug in the USB, or automatically.

Nothing I have tried has worked. Is this because the teensy isn't recognized as a storage device? On my windows computer in Windows Explorer it appears as "This PC\Teensy\TeensyDrive" but I can't reference that.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

Saw the same when looking at it. The interface used to get to "This PC\Teensy\TeensyDrive" doesn't seem to have a way to map as a drive.

@jmarsh - good mention - did some test with that MTPDRIVE in early days long ago (predates this 2 year old computer so not installed to ref). It seemed to work - but MTP code was way early then.

Put a signature file at top level in the SDcard, then your script can hunt for the right drive by looking for it?

Put a signature file at top level in the SDcard, then your script can hunt for the right drive by looking for it?

Without some added 'program' the MTP drives are not exposed at all with drive letters, only something exposed through File Explorer.

Hey there

Im using a Teensy 4.1 and would really like to address the internal SDcard in the windows Explorer. I flashed my .hex file with the Serial+mtp on the Teensy, but still cannot see the SD card in the Explorer. Any help is appreciated thank you in advance.

Cheers

...using a Teensy 4.1 and would really like to address the internal SDcard in the windows Explorer. ...

What sketch is running? The example sketches included the needed setup and calls to have it appear, just enabling the feature in the build USB type isn't enough.

What sketch is running? The example sketches included the needed setup and calls to have it appear, just enabling the feature in the build USB type isn't enough.

Hey there

Thank you for the reply.. The sketch is my own, thats why its not working apparently.

Then I will do some more digging how to get it working and how to merge it in my own sketch.

Cheers

Back