Question on what should be trivial analog pot reading

atf104

Hi folks and Paul-

I haven't done anything Teensy in a bunch of years, but had a project idea and dug up an older 3.1 board I had laying around and built out the rest. It's a joystick controller I wanted to use for midi control, over DIN. I know there's a joystick library but wasn't looking to do anything beyond sending X on one midi channel and Y on another (one being pitch bend).

So all else aside, the pots in the joystick are 10k, and I seem to be getting a linear response on voltage, but a somewhat skewed (2.7V in the middle). That being said, it tracks up to about 4.1V, hits 1024 on the conversion, and the rest of the pot range seems to be dead band. It does this on both axis, and interestingly on a 3rd just basic rotary potentiometer as a separate knob control. I feel like I'm not setting something, or it's something stupid. I am set at 96kHz overclocked. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

The Teensy 3 only supports 0--3.3V analog input range I believe (3.3V chip with 5V tolerant inputs doesn't mean it measures above 3.3V). Try connecting the pot ends to 0V and 3.3V

Back