New Teensy 4.1 not recognized by teensy loader and stuck in programming mode

ladansedesdamnes

Hi all!

Hoping to get help with some issues.
TLDR: Teensy not identified by teensy loader, only enters program mode manually and remains stuck in program mode until disconnect and reconnect

I recently purchased a Teensy 4.1 and am in the process of testing it, coming from vanilla Arduino.
Here's where I'm at so far:
- Installed Teensy 1.58.1. Teensy is detected by Arduino Ide without problem, although regular COM port is shown, no "Teensy ports" available or even shown in Tools menu
- I am able to enter programming mode manually by pushing the board button, but teensy loader doesn't show a picture of the board as described in the manual.
- I am able to upload sketches while in programming mode, although it seems sketches with same name aren't overwritten (e.g., uploading the blink sketch with another pin number does nothing, previous version remains)
- Teensy is stuck in programming mode afterwards, pushing button does nothing, have to disconnect and reconnect usb to exit mode
- This happens both with Auto on or off in teensy loader
- Board is connected directly to computer, no hub, and have tried 2 different cables with same behavior.
- Have tried rebooting computer to see if anything was pending, no change

EDIT: Update, IDE now suddenly seems to not recognize board is in program mode, so unable to upload sketches...

Last edited:
Are you sure your USB cable is good for 480Mb/sec? Cheap/old cables may be certified for 12Mbit only

Back