Micromod: What does "input Only" really mean?

bobpellegrino

The teensy micromod documentation lists certain pins (like teensy pin 22, MMod 49) as "Input Only". This only refers to analog signals, right?
I declared pin 22 as an OUTPUT and was able to blink an LED with digitalWrite(22, HIGH).

I just wanted to confirm that I can use it as a digital output without consequence.

From the docs it looks like carrier boards put Vbat/3 onto that pin. So its expected to be used as an input (in fact it may have capacitor across it in practice so it may not be useful as an output - when in a carrier board). But then again I don't have one, just perused the MMod docs briefly.

The teensy micromod documentation lists certain pins (like teensy pin 22, MMod 49) as "Input Only". This only refers to analog signals, right?
I declared pin 22 as an OUTPUT and was able to blink an LED with digitalWrite(22, HIGH).

I just wanted to confirm that I can use it as a digital output without consequence.
It may depend on your usage. That is they by convention have this pin defined as VIN/3...
For example if you look at their ATP (All the Pin) board's schematic
Screenshot.png

You will see where they connect up this pin to a voltage divider circuit. If you are doing your own board, You can choose to do this or not.
VIN/3 is not very useful to me, so I did a little different. That is if I want to run off of battery, I typically use a LIPO 3s which charged let's say is 12v. So / 3 gives me 4v which is too high for Teensy.

Right, so the "Input Only" assertion is only true if I use one of Sparkfun's carrier boards. Otherwise it's just like any other analog pin? (I'm using the micromod on my own board with an M.2 connector)

Right, so the "Input Only" assertion is only true if I use one of Sparkfun's carrier boards. Otherwise it's just like any other analog pin? (I'm using the micromod on my own board with an M.2 connector)

Yes, it is like most any of the other IO pins on the Teensy. Quick screenshot of my excel document...
Screenshot.jpg
It can do GPIO, PWM, CAN,FlexIO,Analog

Back