T4.0 I2s Parallel Output?

Power_Broker

Can you parallel shift out data with a T4.0 I2S port? If so, how? Would there be a better way to do this than I2S?

I'm new to I2S - my basic understanding is that I2S can directly access blocks of internal memory set by the processor, but I'm not sure how it all really works.

In the end, I'd like to use a T4.0 and a R2R ladder DAC to generate NTSC video signals. This youtube video inspired me to look into using I2S to parallel shift out bytes to the ladder DAC and generate the video signal. However, that video is for the ESP32.

After more googling, I think what I'm asking for is DMA and not necessarily I2S. Is there an easy way to doing DMA or am I going to have to slog through super complex "example libraries" that happen to use DMA?

Yes, I need NTSC to send to an FPV transmitter. Even though the youtube is about VGA, it still shows the data transfer the youtuber used was fast enough for video transmission in general, so I figured I could do something similar for NTSC.

Either way, I think DMA is the way to go - what do you think? Is there an easy example for doing a DMA of a 8 or 16bit buffer on a Teensy 4.X?

NTSC in color is quite difficult without dedicated hardware. There's a reason why it's often called NTSC = Never The Same Color...

Back