Do I need 2 Audio Shields??

Kamalkiddo

Hey, So I'm building a Synth/sampler/looper - something with dedicated knobs and sound sculpting ease of the the Korg Volca series and the on board sampling power of the OP-1.

I'm not an engineer, or an electrician. I'm a complete newbie at this, so I'm learning as I go. I've been doing a bunch of research, and I'm at the stage where I think I have all the parts I need, but I want this machine to have separate inputs for Audio-In, Audio Out, Headphone Jack. Now, my understanding with the Teesny Audio Shield is that it can't be configured to be both Line-in and a Headphone jack, but maybe it can be both Line-in and Line-out. So, does that mean I'll need another audio shield to use as my headphone jack? Or can I just get a different headphone jack all together?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!:cool:

Line in, line out, and headphone out all work simultaneously on the audio shield. The headphone output and line output get the same stereo audio. Internally, the audio shield as a stereo ADC and stereo DAC. The headphone output has analog volume control, which does not affect the level of the line out.

Line in, line out, and headphone out all work simultaneously on the audio shield. The headphone output and line output get the same stereo audio. Internally, the audio shield as a stereo ADC and stereo DAC. The headphone output has analog volume control, which does not affect the level of the line out.

Thanks for getting back so quick, Paul!

So, if I understand you correctly, I can use the one Audio Shield for ALL my audio input/output needs... But if I did want to separate them I could use one Audio shield for Line-In and another audio shield for Headphone/Line-Out. Right?

Thanks again!

Sadly, using 2 audio shields is more difficult because we lost the ability to configure the I2C address with Rev D2. Fortunately chip shortages are getting better and Rev D will return in a couple months.

You can still use 2 of the Rev D2 boards, but you'll need something like a I2C mux or other tricks to be able to configure both boards.

Back