Teensy 4.0 SD Card Not Initializing

dave32

Hi, I recently purchased a Teensy 4.0 and needed to collect data on a micro SD card. I connected the CS to pin 10, MOSI to pin 11, MISO to pin 12, and SCK to pin 13. However, the card does not initialize. Initially, I thought it was due to the micro SD card adapter. However, when I plugged it into my Arduino Due, it worked perfectly. I used the SD Card datalogger example code for all the trials. No matter how many times I rewire or check my solders with a mulimeter it doesnt work. Can someone please help me? I don't know what else to do.View attachment 31234View attachment 31234 SD card.jpg

You might need to use slower SPI clock. I don't know much about that specific SD adapter board, but I see it has a buffer chip and resistors. Often these boards with buffer chips work on regular Arduino board which use fairly slow SPI clocks, but fail with Teensy which uses faster SPI clock.

For an example to configure clock speed, click File > Examples > SD > SdFat_Usage.

You can also view it on github. See line 47.

https://github.com/PaulStoffregen/S...ples/SdFat_Usage/SdFat_Usage.ino#LL45C1-L45C1

Glad it's working.

Can you give any info about who sells this SD adaptor? I see it has marking HW-125, but no other info seem to be visible in the photo. Any info (as searchable text) about the make, model, companies selling might help others who have this SD board find this thread by searching.

Back