KurtE
Reaction score

Latest activity Postings About

• KurtE
      I can understand the concern about 5v pins... But we have had this issue with every 3.3v only teensy for awhile now. Also ditto for all of the 3.3v Arduino boards, like: the UNO R4 and GIGA But they all have a common setup. Note the UNO is...
      • 1716245984707.png
      • 1716246014762.png
      • 1716246150511.png
      • 1716246328490.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Wasn't seeing an issue - just a note ... from prior posts some will make boards and some plug wire arrays. Even an ideal total rework couldn't make it 'perfect' for all given potential uses and MEGA class pin count. And any rework has risk.
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Not sure what the issue is - to be honest I been bringing out the 5V pin to edge connectors on my T4.x and T3x breakouts without an issue as well as other boards I have done. Just have to be careful with the wiring and check the traces before...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mborgerson's post in the thread Attaching Event Responder inside class with Like Like.
      For now, I've decided to test @jmarsh's second option: make my class a derivative of EventResponder and override EventResponder.triggerevent. I think it has several advantages: 1. Minimal changes to source and no significant change in object...
    • KurtE
      @bboyes - Good idea... If the problem is with the display. As I mentioned in previous post, could not tell if he is having the issue with the display or with the SD... If it is the SD, then it may depend on which library he is using... But...
    • KurtE
      Try bumping SPI clock down to 10 MHz. I seem to recall that the SPI clock was set higher than the data sheet for many displays would support. But that memory may not be reliable. We made a buffered/differential display interface design...
    • KurtE
      The only thing it changes is how it does the map... Also I started from version where I removed the pin information from the hardware structure to a pin info structure... I could have done either way and made the pin info setup for 32...
    • KurtE
      With the currently released version of this library. Each time PJRC releases support for another Teensy 4.x board, the tables within this library (like many others) needed to be updated. This also has issue if someone wishes to make a custom...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Yep Milli’s and micros are correct. Display is in millis
    • KurtE
      Sorry, hard to know what is going on. How is your display hooked up? In particular, to some circuit board where hopefully you have reasonably short connections, or with breadboard and jumper wires? Would help to see what code you are trying...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Wow Wow.
      are the Miilis Micros labels correct? This would be 1,000 times faster? Capture time (millis): 210 PXP time(micros) : 204 No units on : Display time: 232
    • KurtE
      KurtE replied to the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library.
      It works... It is interesting that the PXP takes almost as much time as either the capture or the display Not DMA Finished reading frame Capture time (millis): 210, PXP time(micros) : 204, Display time: 232 PXP rotation 2...
      • 1716085981318.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Like Like.
      Actually there is. There are 2 rules of thumb. The source buffer needs to be the image size and The destination buffer should be the display size so in this case if you set your buffers like this for an ILI9488 display: uint8_t s_fb[(640) * 480]...
    • KurtE
      Hi I tried the new sketch with the HM0360 reading qvga on MMOD and doing the conversion to RGB and rotation. It worked :D I tried changing to VGA and as I sort of expected, not enough memory... Wondering if I can setup the camera to support...
    • KurtE
      Ok pushed the changes mentioned up to my fork of lib and updated the examples if anyone wants to try it https://github.com/mjs513/T4_PXP/tree/pxp_t4_mods The basic calling function is now (included the option for byte swap): void...
    • KurtE
      using the non_camera sketch (another_pxp_test.ino) which just loads images from progmem I did some more timing tests. Based on using 198Mhz for SDRAM clock: Using flexio_teensy_mm image from @Rezo...
    • KurtE
      AFAIK... :D Sorry, I should have looked it up, but was at car dealer having service done and replying on phone...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread T4 Pixel Pipeline Library with Wow Wow.
      Thanks. Been at it again. Since its the set of functions I am using all the time I just created a new one that I am testing. This way don't have to keep copying and pasting code PXP_ps_output(tft.width(), tft.height(), /* Display...
    • KurtE
      Looks great!
    • KurtE
      Right now this is all on internal buffers on the T4.1 and Micromod. The T41 is using EXTRAM running at 132mhz with a ILI9488 on SPI At some point soonish going to try on SDRAM board.
    • KurtE
      Ok just managed to get do a color conversion from Y8/Y4 to RGB565. That will address issues with HM01B0 and HM0360 cameras - so everything can be done from PXP now. Image from conversion:
    • KurtE
      I assume you downloaded the IMXRT reference manual as well as the datasheet from the Teensy 4.1 product page? https://www.pjrc.com/store/teensy41.html#tech My guess is that if the information is not contained in these documents, you may need to...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to defragster's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      @defragster put that (or adding a single 90° Cross row) out wondering if the denser pin presentation would better fit 100mm (?) limit on low cost 'machine made' boards and limit the wire length for physical wires as well. The (image above...
    • KurtE
      I can argue both ways and sometimes I even answer myself 😆 like, larger boards like this where the pin locations are sort of random implies long tangled jumpers, which I get tired of fighting , so end up making shields. Larger boards, more...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      Double rows would make it more difficult to connect basically anything besides another machine-made board, please don't do that.
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I agree = double rows would probably make it more difficult to connect a adapter shield
    • KurtE
      Again I am not the expert on what every one wants... However if it were me I would probably do something like: Note: this is a mucked up version of the page. Yellow areas show the existing AD_B1_xx pins. The 6 Orange cells near them, I would...
      • 1715866036926.png
    • KurtE
      Thats exactly what I mean. Route a couple to the 1x40 header so a shield can get access. As for a todo list. As far as I know @KurtE gave it to you in post #1009: New T5 15/A1 AD_B1_03 USB_OTG1_OC QTIMER3_TIMER3 LPUART2_RX SPDIF_IN...
    • KurtE
      This is less of a question and more of a comment in case someone else finds it helpful.. But if like me you've modified the usb_desc.h file to change the name of a device or you've changed something in the usb.desc.c file, but Windows isn't...
    • KurtE
      Just a quick update on this, I managed to get it to work as I wanted. Removed 3x axes and the HAT switch. I amended usb_desc.h to reduce the Joystick size to 10 (I didn't quite need that many bytes, but it wouldn't compile with anything less...
    • KurtE
      It really helps to see the actual code: If that file is actually like: #include <SdFat.h> ... class SNFileRW { private: SdFat sdEx; ... } int SNFileRW::SN_SD_setup() { // returns 0 if successful, else error code #ifdef ARDUINO_TEENSY35...
    • KurtE
      With all that said you can actually mix and match SD and SDfat commands. Take a look at the SdFat_Usage example in the SD library. Note: SD is linked to the SDfat library that is installed with Teensyduino (either for 1.8.19 or 2.2.0 IDE's)...
    • KurtE
      Try putting #define BUILTIN_SDCARD 254 before you #include SdFat.h. There is code inside that header that depends on it being defined, so if you put it after the file is included (like in your first post) it's not going to work. (The fact that...
    • KurtE
      As mentioned, there are port. GPIO1-5 (they are also known as GPIO6-9), The pins on GPIO1 in normal mode are on GPIO6 in fast mode. The Teensy startup code sets all of the pins into fast mode. If you have not already done so, would recommend...
      • 1715643895701.png
    • KurtE
      Thanks for checking :)
    • KurtE
      Looks like it runs on my MMOD with ILI9488 :D
    • KurtE
      Quick update: Pushed latest changes to repo: https://github.com/mjs513/T4_PXP/tree/pxp_t4_mods fixed a minor bug when image_width > image_height. added some comments. theoretically you should just be able to drop the PXP functions into your...
    • KurtE
      Ok folks. While testing what I had with different size images than the flexio_teensy_mm found that there were several issues with rotation and scaling. So for the past few days been working on resolving those issues and finally found the...
    • KurtE
      Not sure, might be interesting to try... Although my goal here is to use the same wiring to support as many of the Arduino/Arducam/Adafruit/Waveshare cameras that have the same breakout pinout. If my main goal is to support the 4 bit HM01b0 on...
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread New Camera Library for Teensy Micromod/4.1 with Like Like.
      Couldn't you just connect each input pin twice (in the order 32103210) and pretend it's regular 8-bit?
    • KurtE
      Oh just one more thing, Would be nice if you could maybe substitute a couple 5v pins for the 3.3v pins. Would make it easier when creating a shield.
    • KurtE
      Soon I will be out again doing more yard/garden work... But thought I would mention that I wanted to get all of the cameras to work on T4.1 on the CSI pins, that worked on the Micromod with FlexIO. The main problem child is the Arducam HM01b0...
      • 1715526069318.png
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to Dogbone06's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      The idea is to make the gen5 to have the pins needed, then from that I have already planned to make a shield for the two screens that @Rezo has in his possesion. Other shields can be done by you guys as well. And of course the Gerber files and...
    • KurtE
      You might look at @luni library: https://github.com/luni64/TeensyTimerTool/wiki For most of these things, I end up looking at the Reference Manual for the processor. There are links to this on the product pages. Potentially PWM might for your...
    • KurtE
      Would agree as long as the edge pin connectors are suitable to add a adapter on top it would be better. This is the adapter I made for the sdram board (note positions are off for the display and camera - have to move them fo the next iteration).
    • KurtE
      I totally agree with @BriComp that it would be great. However, if that is not feasible or too many options. As long as the boards are reasonably laid out and preferably as I mentioned earlier, I would create a quick and dirty shield that does...
      • 1715383161713.png
    • KurtE
      You might try adding userial.flush(); after the writes To see i it helps
    • KurtE
      KurtE reacted to BriComp's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
      I would like to add my two-penneth. As I see it groups of pins have many particular functions. Might it not be a good idea to also route the pins to functional connectors. It is likely that some connectors will have an overlap of pins. That does...
    • KurtE
      Quick update, I am now actually capturing some of the JPG images using DMA :D More or less along the line I mentioned. A few wrong turns here and there but the MATCH shifter finds the match, and it's callback enables the main shifters Interrupt...
    • KurtE
      I agree from what I remember and posted before.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
Back