Teensyduino 1.59 Released

I just ran into something after updating to 1.59.0.
I'm using Arduino IDE 2.3.2 (on Windows 10) and the current FastLED 3.6.0.
After updating from 1.58.2 to 1.59.0, when I upload a FastLED sketch it doesn't seem to run. I do see the message that the compile and upload are done, but the sketch doesn't seem to be running. After switching back to 1.58.2 things run as normal again.

Edit: forgot to mention this is on a Teensy 3.2.
Does the verbose console show any warnings?
Does changing the optimization setting make a difference: Faster to Debug or other?

So I updated to 1.59 via library manager and Bitdefender detected some suspicious activity and decided to delete some files. Sorry for the Ro but this is the language for my Bitdefender.

1710015961664.png

1710015984233.png

And I have a lot of them.
When I compile I get this:
Compilation error: exec: "C:\\Users\\AAAAAA\\AppData\\Local\\Arduino15\\packages\\teensy\\tools\\teensy-compile\\11.3.1/arm/bin/arm-none-eabi-g++": file does not exist

Is this expected/intended?

Is this expected/intended?

Intended, no. Nobody intends for anti-virus false positive errors, but sadly they're an unfortunate fact of life. Best to report it to your software vendor and hope they fix on the next update.

Expected, well, yes. You can expect "file does not exist" when an anti-virus program has deleted a file the toolchain requires to compile your code.

Please allow me to say as clearly as possible, these files aren't infected by malware. It's a "false positive" mistake by anti-virus software. You might consider switching to better software. Malware detecting is difficult, and most people could probably forgive a temporary false positive on teensy-discovery.exe, which is special program only for Teensy. But falsely identifying a virus in collect2.exe, part of the very widely used arm gcc toolchain, is pretty much unforgivable in my mind. Bitdefender has some 'splaining to do!

Apologies if I'm being a bit dense but I don't see how to install 1.59 for IDE 1.8.19. The instrs on the pjrc website seem to assume IDE 2.x on. Can anybody point me in the right direction?

In post #1 of this thread you will find download links for TeensyDuino installers. You just run the installer and follow the prompts.

Just scroll down to

Arduino 1.8.x Software Development​

on this page, then select your operating system. The Teensyduino for .Arduino 1.8.x will download.
Once you have installed your Arduino 1.8.x (and I find that you have to execute it just once, then log out of it) just click on the downloaded Teensyduino file and it will install itself.

Back