Recent content by jomac

1. J

Problems interfacing Teensey 3.1 to HY-1.8 SPI TFT display

Problem solved The Teensey should power the LED back light as that is 3.3 volts, the same as the outputs and current is low. I went back over the information i had at hand to see why and where we went wrong, and if you make certain assumptions (as we did) its possible to end up with this...
  2. J

Well i dont really know what to say here Michael, The datasheet said simply VCC for pin 2 (16 pin version) but clearly said 3.3v for the LED supply, the Teensey being 3.3 volts, everything was set for 3.3v. A further note on the datasheet said to join the link for 5v nothing more. Your comment...
  3. J

My friend and I both have a couple of teensey 3.1, and an assortment of the popular HY-1.8 SPI TFT displays. There are mainly 2 types of 1.8" display, the 16 pin and the 10 pin. For quite a while now, weve been trying to get these to work and neither of us has managed to get anything to show on...
  4. J

Teensy 3.1 Reset

We had a small handful of problems with the Teensy 3.1 and the connections underneath, unfortunately, in our opinion the connections certainly are not suitable in the hobbyist environment where the same micro would/could be used over and over again, the pads arent up to anything other then a 1...
  5. J

Audio issues on Teensy 3.1 DAC output

Are there any issues with using the A14/DAC output? We are trying to use this output for the playback of speech wav files but having problems, the best audio we are getting is around 60Hz
  6. J

Teensy 3.1 Reset

Is it me an am i missing something? I wanted to have a reset button external to my Teensy 3.1 Looking at the schematic here... https://www.pjrc.com/teensy/schematic.html Shows a reset connection going out to the edge of the board, but looking at the photo card that came with my Teensy, the...
  7. J

Teensy 3.1 Underside Pad Problems

Has anyone had any problems with soldering pins to the 14 underneath pads on the Teensy 3.1? We've been working on 2 prototypes, one of which utilises all of the available I/O and as a result we've soldered pins onto the pads, the problem we've encountered is that on 3 of the 5 Teensy's, when...
  8. J

Dead Teensy 3.1

Ahhh...Who is that?
  9. J

Dead Teensy 3.1

Hi Paul, Ive been trying to send you a pretty urgent email, but it seems your inbox is full and wont accept any more
  10. J

Dead Teensy 3.1

What would be the postage costs in sending a replacement programmed chip to the UK Paul?
  11. J

Audio on the Teensy 3.1

Thanks for the help Paul. This idea really grew from using a DUE and colour touch screen to control a popular ham radio set. I looked at using the DAC output on A14 to generate beeps for warnings etc, from there we looked at voice announcements for functions on the radio. This ended up as a...
  12. J

Audio on the Teensy 3.1

I will have a good read of this and the links in the topic, this may be what im looking for.
  13. J

Audio on the Teensy 3.1

Thanks for the info and links, i will have a deeper read later on, however, its not the storage or access to the files thats of concern, but the time taken to do so. If i wanted to for arguments sake, let the Teensy count from 1 to 9 without any noticeable pause between each number, i want to be...
  14. J

Audio on the Teensy 3.1

Hello, Im looking for a little guidance and advice here. Im working on a project that needs audio feedback on functions selected for blind users. This is for an amateur radio transceiver. Im not an expert in Teensy audio, and not too sure of the best method to use. One of the functions...
  15. J

Dead Teensy 3.1

Hi, Thanks for the reply, trust me..its dead..!! When applying external 5v power which is current limited to 500ma to the Teensy, it drags the voltage down to 3.66v and draws around the 500ma. At the same time, the CPU chip gets extremely hot, too hot to leave your finger on it. Whilst...
Back