Recent content by adavea

1. A

multiple drum-trigger piezos seem to be interfering with each other

Hi all. It turned out to not just be code... I wasn't seating my Teensy deeply enough into the breadboard. For any other n00bs out there--make sure that the pins of your Teensy almost completely disappear into the breadboard when you attach it
  2. A

How to reduce piezo bounce for analog input

I eventually figured this out. The main issue I was having is that I was using way too high of a resistance value for my parallel resistors. Reducing it to more like 40kOhm (from 2MOhm) helped with both duplicate triggers on one piezo, as well as stopping false triggers / cross-talk on other...
  3. A

How to reduce piezo bounce for analog input

Hi all, I'm making an electric drumset using basic piezos and a teensy 3.2. I've got it working well enough for slow playing, as long as I adjust some variables to ignore piezo activity in between notes, but I'd like to be able to play fast as well. My setup is close to this for each piezo...
  4. A

Rather embarrassingly, I just realized that the code I was using to debug the situation, was not setting a variable after a hit was registered, which was creating the illusion of a linkage/weird behavior between my piezo inputs :eek: :rolleyes: :( After increasing my sample rate and...
  5. A

Hi Paul! That's not a silly question at all! I did think of the vibration hitting multiple discs though. My current setup is each of my two piezos is taped to a laser disc, and soldered to some 2-ish foot long wires, which are then connected to a breadboard. I keep the laser discs on...
  6. A

It looks like it's going to be a bit of a task for me to get an oscilloscope, is there anything I can try without one? I do have a cheap multimeter if that helps Do I need to get zeners with a different voltage rating for this to work at all?
  7. A

I'm just tapping the laser discs I have them taped to with my hand or a drum stick, but they're soldered to some long wires that go to a breadboard and I have them pretty spread out, so I don't think they'd be interfering due to the tap. I don't have an oscilloscope, but I might be able to find...
  8. A

Thanks for the quick response! I ran out and got a few zeners, and replaced the switching diodes, but it didn't seem to change anything :/ It seems like I must be missing something to keep the pulse from one piezo from going through ground and into the other one? I tried putting some diodes...
  9. A

Hi all, I'm attempting to make a drumset with piezos and a teensy 3.2, using the piezo-wiring diagram that kpc posted here: https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/27796-Teensy-3-1-analog-inputs-explanation?p=65150&viewfull=1#post65150 Instead of diodes going to 3V3 I have them going to AGND. I am a...
Back