Recent content by adrianfreed

1. A

Updates on future supply of Teensy 3.2/3.5/3.6 and/or alternatives?

NXP is a victim of its own success in the car market. It makes over half its money there (billions) but it can't meet supply despite locking in over $4billion fab access last year. It is an interesting puzzle. It may make sense to switch to a supplier who doesn't have a priority customer that...
  2. A

Teensy 4.0 Capacitive Sensing alternative

The wait's are to be sure any output capacitance is discharged. This is a bit tricky to do right since i don't know how much capacitance load you are going to add with your wiring and sensor. I also have built some sensors that switch between resistive and cap sensing on the same pin and these...
  3. A

FPU performance

You can get close to optimal with a small investment in learning what the optimizing compiler needs to know from you to do a good job. I am surprised but this relatively ancient article I wrote may be a helpful grounding...
  4. A

Teensy 4.0 Capacitive Sensing alternative

Yeah, it doesn't require anything additional. The way it works is to pull the pin hard to ground using the output transistor on the pin. Then it starts timing how long it takes for that pin to register as a high input value after a built-in pullup resistor is turned on. Since that resistor has...
  5. A

Open Sound Control (OSC) Teensy Audio Library Implementation

I look forward to catching up with these amazing developments next week as I wind up my work for the year. I have noted the issues observed with surprising pattern matching results in the OSC library and will take a close look at that soon. At some point we had unit tests so I should be able to...
  6. A

Open Sound Control (OSC) Teensy Audio Library Implementation

This is a good idea and welcome on the Teensy from my perspective. It's actually in the spirit of the first OSC implementations where we expected the name space to be synthesized automatically from the signal flow graph of the patching language. I did this in a simple C-based system (called...
  7. A

Teensy 4.1 as 16ch 24b/48kHz TDM to Ethernet server PLUS OSC server?

Not very much that I have seen. I have just set up the hardware to do some OSC-controlled synths with Teensy 4.1 at my ponderous weekend-project rate.
  8. A

UDP works across VLAN's Sometimes there are config. issues especially with broadcast packets. It's hard to shape the traffic if there is a VLAN involved so we always did things with controlled LANs and known-good switches. A lot depends on how much latency you can manage. If you can absorb...
  9. A

Another thought comes to mind: work on the protocol design and get this going on a regular computer with an audio interface first. This will give you an easy reference and benchmark baseline.
  10. A

It is very likely the CPU and ethernet hardware can do it. My reference is having done this sort of thing long ago on SGI machines and Mac's with slower processors than the Teensy. We were doing 8 channels of audio and OSC with the SGI O2. In fact I did the first implementations of OSC on early...
  11. A

[posted] MiniTouch : low cost T3.2 synth for children workshops

Great project for kids of all ages!
  12. A

T4 Pin Drive Strength

Has anyone written a routine for the INPUT_PULLUP resistor options?
  13. A

Code Writer (Consultant) ... Help Needed

I have regularly found it cheaper to use these than pay to develop the code needed to smoothly arrive on target: https://www.robotis.us/dynamixel-ax-12a/
  14. A

Teesny audio over UDP

Indeed they do. This is probably because delay perception is so dependent on context. in some situations people can hear jitter (variation in delay) down below a 1ns ...
Back