Recent content by afterwards

1. A

Help neede: Debouncing a button matrix

Hello everyone, for those of you interested in the counting approach scribbled by @Nominal Animal in Post #8: I made the original sketch working, changed it a little and especially added comments to it in order to make the bitwise operations clearer (for learning purposes). There are a lot of...
  2. A

Hello everyone, yes, you are right about adapting the macro method for asymmetric debounce times, AlainD. I did not event think about this option yet. Latency in (electronic) musical instruments is quite an issue. I learned to play the piano on a an acoustic piano with real keys, real hammers...
  3. A

Teensy 3.6 MIDI keyboard with knobs and buttons latency issue

Hello everyone, nice project! It reminds me of the old and defect home organ which sadly went to the trash a few years ago. Sadly, I did not know anything about Teensy and Arduino at this point of time, so I would have saved it :( But back to topic: Yes, the example uses "elapsedMicros"...
  4. A

Now I had the time to dig a little deeper into the matter: the false triggers happened at real transitions. There were no mis-triggers in adjacent columns. After a while of searching, I replaced a few of the small buttons on the breadboard by proper buttons (some good quality arcade buttons I...
  5. A

Thank you for your replies, oddson and Nominal Animal! @oddson: No problem, I did not feel offended! Instead, I am very glad to get the good input and new ways to get stuff running from the forum! But you are absolutely right about people copying/pasting things together, not knowing what they...
  6. A

Thank you for your replies, oddson and DanieleFromItaly! Yes, I usually do write (and understand) my code. I am just not so fond of reinventing the wheel, so for learning purposes I often adapt existing code and rewrite it if necessary. Regarding the keypad library: thank you for showing up...
  7. A

Here is my button matrix scan code so far, no debouncing yet: //**************************************************************** // button matrix scanning code with 74hc595 // see: http://www.openmusiclabs.com/learning/digital/input-scanning-matrix/shift-out-mux/index.html // code see also...
  8. A

Help needed: debouncing a button matrix Dear forum users, I want to build a button based MIDI/Ableton Live controller and need some project guidance, especially regarding debouncing. I am in an early planning and breadboarding/prototyping phase in order to check the technical possibilities...
Back