Recent content by AidanRTaylor

1. A

Error while loading shared libraries libusb-0.1.so.4?

Ok, this is a Raspbian issue - this solution worked for me: https://askubuntu.com/questions/868063/installing-brscan4-for-my-brother-scanner-doesnt-work-on-a-fresh-ubuntu-16-10-i
  2. A

Error while loading shared libraries libusb-0.1.so.4?

Hiya, I have a fresh install of Teensyduino on a Raspberry Pi 4 - I have done this plenty of times including on a Pi400. I have Arduino 1.8.16 installed and the latest version of Teensyduino. When I try to flash the Teensy, I get the following error - any ideas?: Arduino: 1.8.16 (Linux), TD...
  3. A

Digitally enabled amp chips and switching jack

Hey - just wanted to post to say I figured out a solution, I can use a TRRS jack with a switch on the second ring. As audio output is handled on the tip and first ring, I can normal logic V high through the second ring, and then use a pull-down resistor on the connected switch pin. This keeps...
  4. A

Digitally enabled amp chips and switching jack

Hello, I have a Teensy project that is using a PCM5102 for audio output, I am running the decoded audio into a TPA2012 amplifier and a TPA4411 headphones amp. I have it set out on a PCB (I want to die after reflow soldering those chips with a hot air gun, there is also a BQ24705 which is a...
  5. A

Trouble with 2 SPI devices

As term is about to start again I just want to give this a little bump - when we sit down to work on the project next I will go through very carefully to make sure the devices are enabled/disabled at appropriate times - any tips in the mean time would be very welcome
  6. A

Trouble with 2 SPI devices

Hello peeps, I have been helping out a student working on a project with a Teensy 3.5, he is working on a two part device where a user scans in with an RFID card and then has to race to the other device and scan in to get a completion time. The Teensy 3.5 will eventually be used with an i2c...
  7. A

Xubuntu USB Serial Problems

Sorry for being slow to reply here, it seems 1.42 has improved things a lot thanks!
  8. A

Thanks @manitou - that's basically what happens to me everytime Paul, I'm happy to test anything you or anyone else can throw at me - I'm afraid that's as much as I can help with my ability level, I'm definitely towards the end user end of the dev spectrum!
  9. A

Hi Paul, I can't find the MKR1000 - it is probably knocking around at work somewhere. But the Due is working fine on both the Programming Port and the Native Port - I'm just running this (the equivalent doesn't work on Teensy for me): int counter; void setup() { SerialUSB.begin(115200); }...
  10. A

I see, is it basically where you either have a seperate chip for USB comms (serial converter), or it is handled onboard the MCU (native)? I do indeed have a MKR1000 and a Due - I will test it out
  11. A

Ok, yes that's what I am experiencing - fair enough, I will just make considerations in my sketching - thank you!
  12. A

So how do I alleviate that? The serial port is behaving very poorly in this case. The only thing I can think of at the moment is doing something like using a jumper wire to enable serial - or adding lots of if(Serial) into a sketch. I wonder if there is a driver issue that can be fixed here...
  13. A

I just have one more update, I'm heading to bed now - but I tested with an Arduino Uno and it behaves as expected so unfortunately it does seem to be specific to serial on Teensy. I did update to the Teensyduino 1.42 beta. It totally could be a Xubuntu problem, I'm pretty sure I had no issue...
  14. A

I have found a work around for now, adding while(!Serial); seems to completely solve the problem: int counter; void setup() { Serial.begin(115200); while(!Serial); } void loop() { counter++; Serial.println(counter); delay(10); } I couldn't even use delay(100) previously -...
  15. A

Hi Paul, thanks for the swift reply - I'm on Arduino 1.8.5 and Teensyduino 1.41 I can try the beta no problem. Before I do though, tail -f /var/log/syslog does work and I can see live updates - any idea what I should be looking for though? This is the output unplugging and plugging in the...
Back