Recent content by alborz

1. A

[Teensy 4.1] Reading from Serial and creating multi touch events for a screen

Hi, I have a custom multi touch display that supports 4 fingers. This screen comes with its own communication protocol. In order to get the touch to work I need to pull some information from it via serial, then I receive the touch reports and then I have to run my own program to simulate touch...
  2. A

What is the state of USB HID Touchscreen support for Teensy

Thanks Paul, That answered all my questions. I have a custom multi-touch screen prototype from a vendor, it sends serial data whenever touched, for up to 10 fingers. I wanted to take that data and turn it into HID touchscreen (using teensy 3.6) to read its info using the USB Host and then send...
  3. A

What is the state of USB HID Touchscreen support for Teensy

Hi everybody, I have been reading the forum with all posts relating to USB HID Touchscreen. I found a couple of posts such as https://forum.pjrc.com/threads/32331-USB-HID-Touchscreen-support-needed...
  4. A

Teensy 3.5 "error sending reboot command (HID)"

Hi, I have had a teensy 3.5 sitting on my desk for a long time acting as a mini keyboard for performing custom keyboard action. Today it just gave up, I am trying to reprogram it, using both platform IO and Arduino IDE but they are both failing with the same error message: error sending...
  5. A

Can "OctoWS2811 LED Library" be used to drive RGBW Leds?

Hi, I am stuck with a couple 100 of of RGB-W Leds of the following kind: https://www.adafruit.com/product/2848 I tried a bit driving the whole thing using an ESP32 but I got into all kind of flickering issues, ESP32 just was not real time enough for me I guess. I was hoping to use a teensy...
  6. A

Best way to drive huge LED Matrix Display

Thanks for all the replies. I have access to pretty good power supply units. I have purchased a couple of these. Which can deliver 60 amps. Have a look at the datasheet and you will see that those are pretty much protected against any type of abuse. (I also don't plan to run them at full...
  7. A

Teensy 3.5 + Arduino 1.8.2 + Teensyduino 1.39 (trying to compile neopixel-library)

I managed to compile successfully once I have removed the NeoPixel Library which I had in the Arduino Library. This is not a good solution for me since I use that library for other projects and controllers.
  8. A

Teensy 3.5 + Arduino 1.8.2 + Teensyduino 1.39 (trying to compile neopixel-library)

Hi, I think the title is pretty clear :) I am trying to compile a program which uses the Adafruit NeoPixel 1.1.2 (or I suppose that teensyduino installs its own neopixel library?), using Arduino 1.8.2, Teensyduino 1.39 and compile for a Teensy 3.5. I get the following annoying error...
  9. A

Best way to drive huge LED Matrix Display

Hi everybody, This is my first time writing in this forum. I want to build a long line of flexible LEDs with 8 rows of LEDs x (approximately) 10 meters long. If I use 144 LEDs / meter, that would result in 1440 LEDs x 8 lines = 11520 LEDs :rolleyes: and finally play some animation on them (art...
  10. A

Teensy 3.6 CAN LIN Board

Thanks, I added the logic level converter. Adding my schematics here if anyone has anymore suggestions and also for documentation, it might help someone else.
  11. A

Teensy 3.6 CAN LIN Board

Could you please see if I understood your suggestions correctly and made the right changes?
  12. A

Teensy 3.6 CAN LIN Board

I want to create my own CAN/LIN board for the Teensy3.6. (Using MCP2004 and MCP2551, because I have access to these transceivers) I am trying to make the board with 2 CAN channels and 2 LIN channels (and I want to have access to all the other Teensy pins as well). This is the complete...
Back