Recent content by amowry

1. A

32U4 power consumption

I believe that this does the trick: USBCON |= (1 << USBE); PLLCSR |= (1 << PLLE); // Resume the USB Clock (PPL) USBCON &= ~(1 << FRZCLK); // Resume the USB Clock
  2. A

32U4 power consumption

Just in case anyone else has this question, I found that the LowPower library that I am using doesn't turn off the USB clock. When I do that using the code below before putting the MCU in idle mode, the consumption drops to 2.3 mA in idle mode, so quite an improvement, and much closer to the...
  3. A

32U4 power consumption

Thanks for this reply, Paul! I was beginning to think that the datasheet is indeed misleading. I am testing idle current with most peripherals (USB, ADC, SPI, etc. turned off), and still getting 4.5 mA, which is in the same ballpark as your number for 90% idle. I’m not really sure what’s still...
  4. A

32U4 power consumption

My apologies that this is about an older product, but here goes: On this page the idle current for the Teensy 2.0 is quite a bit higher than the 32U4 datasheet seems to suggest on page 396 (around 1.5 mA for 3.3 V/8 Mhz). I've gotten similar results to those shown on the Teensy page above...
  5. A

Driving 9 IR Leds with Teensy LC

Okay, thanks Paul. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. I also found the TI TLC5916, which seems like just what I need. I can control it with SPI and use one resistor to set the current for all the LEDs. I think I'll experiment with that and see how it goes. Thanks again!
  6. A

Maybe something like the TPIC2810D LED driver would be my best option?
  7. A

I apologize that this is a pretty basic question, but I'm making a project that uses 8 QRE1113 IR reflectance sensors, and I'm trying to figure out the easiest/most efficient/proper way to power/control the LEDs. I only need to have one turned on at a time as I'm polling the sensors...
  8. A

Audio Library Interfering with Servo Library

Great, thanks Paul! I should have played around some more before asking the question ;) It's just breadboarded right now, but I ran AGND on one side of the board and GND on the other, and the noise level is much better now. Thanks again for your help.
  9. A

Okay, the library is working fine. One more quick question, if I may-- is it normal for servos to inject noise into the ADC? I'm working on a model train controller where we want to send sound from the ADC, but the servos are creating a lot of noise. We could try using the SPI or a separate...
  10. A

Okay, I figured out what I did wrong-- I made a copy of the original cpp file and renamed it but left it in the same folder. I didn't realize it couldn't be in there. It compiles fine now. I haven't had a chance to upload it yet, but I will later. Many thanks again for your help!
  11. A

Thank you Paul-- I did that and I still seem to get compile errors like the ones above and these below. Would I need to delete some temp files, or...?: Invalid library found in C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OLD_LIBRARIES: C:\Users\Andrew\Documents\Arduino\libraries\OLD_LIBRARIES...
  12. A

I made the changes, but it won't compile-- I'm getting multiple errors like the following. My apologies for my ineptitude ;) C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\build3574eda1fe848535444f8a542a9570a9.tmp\libraries\Servo\Servo.cpp.o: In function `Servo::attach(int)': C:\Program Files...
  13. A

Oops, sorry, for some reason I couldn't find this earlier. I'll give it a shot. Thanks again!
  14. A

Okay, thanks! Part of question is that I don't seem to have servo.cpp, but rather two files, servo.cpp.d and servo.cpp.o, neither of which I can edit. Any thoughts on these?
  15. A

Could someone give me a little more info on how to do this? I found the servo.cpp.o file, but can I edit this directly (I haven't been able to open it)? Or does someone have an edited version that I could use? Or is there another servo library that would be better to use? Thanks very much!
Back