Recent content by Andy Belov

1. A

Teensy 4.1 - don't have +5V on USB host

Thanks, MarkT. This is my first board of this complexity and I'm still learning while doing it. The weird thing is that it all works absolutely fine while powered from USB. No audio noise, no hot spots on the board or on any components. The tracks are thin, yes, but the total current I've...
  2. A

A sad update. I've found Adafruit's diagram for the 1000C board and decided to "reflow" it onto my board. Got all of the specified parts, all in proper footprints, and made a new board with the charger on it. Plugged in the battery and connected for charging. Looks good, but gets a little hot...
  3. A

Need more sound sample memory

I want to load a few instrument samples (flute, piano, drums, etc.), but run out of memory quickly. Is there a way to "move" memory from "Program" to the "other". Now its usage is 4% vs. 65%. To get to 65% from 94%, I had to limit my instruments to a very few. And I don't want to add the memory...
  4. A

Thanks for checking my posts, defragster. I didn't delete them. I tried to fix some typos in them and the moment I started to type they just disappeared, so I had to do it again. Doesn't matter. But the Adafruit 1000C works fine for me. I'll use it, even though it's much more complex and...
  5. A

Thanks, KD5RXT. I'm just going to see if the board works, which it does, as you say. Them I'm going to "reflow" it to my absolutely awesome guitar/keyboard/composer board. 8 hours is amazing, but I'm afraid the battery will be too big. I need my whole thing to be small enough to be attached to a...
  6. A

Thanks guys. Just got the 1000C at DigiKey. Looks twice as complex as what I had, but I hope it works. Will let you know. This is so strange. This is the third time I'm posting a reply and they just keep disappearing.
  7. A

Turns out that it's my battery charger. When I use power from the PC USB, the USB host works fine. As soon as I enable the battery charger, the USB host never puts out the 5V. I'm sure the charger limits the current going to Teensy and there is not enough of it for the USB host and the keyboard...
  8. A

How to combine a mono and a stereo line inputs

Silly me, totally forgot about it. Looked it up and see the resistors suggested ranging from 1K to 220K. What resistors would be good for the Teensy Audio Board? I guess 220K will loose more signal and 1K will add too much crossover, no?
  9. A

How to combine a mono and a stereo line inputs

How to combine mono and stereo line inputs I'm making a guitar effect "pedal" based on Teensy 4.1 and the Audio Board. It also has a Line Input, for "play along". The problem is that the guitar has only one channel, but I have to split one channel into 2 separate preamps only not to...
  10. A

Delivery timeframes? (Yes I know - Covid!)

Just for a comparison, I've ordered 5 PCB's at JLCPCB.com, in China, ($2 for all 5) on Saturday. They were made in 2 days and shipped via DHL on Sunday night, for $17. I got them in New York on Wednesday afternoon. I think it's absolutely amazing. 5 prototype PCB's, $20 for everything, in under...
  11. A

Did anybody use CAP1188?

Just noticed that the library for it was updated 4 months ago: https://github.com/adafruit/Adafruit_CAP1188_Library Want to give it a try? I can do it only in about a week or two.
  12. A

Thanks for clarifying, Paul. If this is how it works, that's fine. It just makes it difficult to understand what's happening sometimes. The confusing part was that the test sketch seemed to work fine. I've added another serial "printf" at the end of "setup", to make sure that it all goes...
  13. A

New findings. It has to do with the Teensy ports, the way Arduino sees them. This morning, after a PC reboot, I plugged in the bare Teensy 4.1 with nothing on it. The port name that Arduino showed was not COM, but like "USB..." and a longer string after that, not "COM..." Loaded the test, see...
  14. A

What Teensyduino you guys are using? I got the latest a couple of days ago: 1.53 with Arduino 1.8.13 I just got a new and untouched Teensy 4.1, connected the power, loaded the test, see "USB Host Testing", but no +5V on the USB host. I do see +3.3V on Teensy, in case you wonder about my...
  15. A

I ran this example, which worked fine with Teensy 4.0: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\libraries\USBHost_t36\examples\Test\Test No response, no 5V.
Back