Recent content by bk2001050

1. B

Batch Save/Buffering SD Card Help

Perfect so i should be able to create a buffer with this data, preferably in multiples of 512 bytes, I am assuming this has something to do with sector size? I will try and build a buffer to save a few kilobytes at a time in RAM then write to the SD and see what I have. Your link is very...
  2. B

Batch Save/Buffering SD Card Help

Hi Guys, I need some help understanding data buffering/writing batch data to an SD card. Currently working with the teensy 3.6 and sampling data at 1000 ksps (target). The sd card I bought is Kingston Digital 32GB microSDHC Class 10 UHS-I 100MB/s R 70MB/s W Flash Memory High Speed microSD Card...
  3. B

Teensy 3.6 Max SPI transfer speed

Wow didn't know it was that inefficient, I am a noob at specific coding like this. I will give those other functions a try, would something like this work: uint8_t spiRec(uint8_t* buf, size_t len) { for (size_t i = 0; i < len; i++) { buf[i] = SPI.setTransferWriteFill(0xff); } Also, I...
  4. B

Hi Paul, thanks for the prompt reply. The argument is the literal speed. The ADS1298 takes a maximum clock of 20 MHZ, so i changed it to 20000000. I am transferring a block of data at a time (I think), the data acquisition algorithm was written by a previous years team. Basically the ADS outputs...
  5. B

Hi Guys, Currently working on a final year engineering project and need some guidance. My programming skills are limited (in an electrical program). We're interfacing the ADS1298 24 bit high precision bio amplifier to gather EMG data and send it over SPI to the teensy 3.6 main SPI bus...
  6. B

Teensy 3.6 Vusb Current Draw limitations/ Vin versus Vusb

Hi Edward, Thank you so much for such answering in such a detailed manner. This should serve as a good answer for anyone looking for something this specific. This clears up everything and saves me some space on my board! I will modify my schematic accordingly. I am currently working on a final...
  7. B

Hi Edward, Thank you for taking your time out to write a well thought out solution. You have understood my inquiry correctly. I went with an SP3T simply because I was not confident of the operation of Vin and Vusb but it seems I have understood it correctly. Your solution with the SP2T is much...
  8. B

Hi Guys, currently working on a joint hardware/software project. I ended up choosing the Teensy 3.6 due to some of its extraordinary features. I am having some difficulty understanding the Vusb and Vin exactly. I know they are essentially the same point if the track is left untouched, and if the...
  9. B

About Using P-Ch Mosfet/Diode to Switch between USB power and Battery Power

Hi Guys, currently working on a joint hardware/software project. I ended up choosing the Teensy 3.6 due to some features. I am having some difficulty understanding the Vusb and Vin. Question 1: If I cut the track between Vusb and Vin, can I put a SP3T switch so in Position 1, it connects Vusb...
Back