Recent content by BoMadsen

1. B

Wireless WS2811 Led strip sign: Feasibility and component guidance

Thank you potatotron, your advice is much appreciated.
  2. B

Hi Potatotron, Thank you for your feedback! So to sum it up, I should be ok refresh rate wise but a bit low on power. What happens if I exceed the amp rating on the power supplies, will they just give up the magic blue smoke, become unstable, explode in a huge ball of fire...or something else? :)
  3. B

Hi, I would like to make a sign for our local MX track showing lap times for riders as the pass by. Timing information is available from our AMB system, so that is taking care of. I "only" need to do the display bit :) I was thinking of making a sign using WS2811 led strips, arranged in three...
  4. B

Teensy 3.1 vs. Sparkfun OBD-II UART (STN1110)

Hi Aaron, Thank you for sharing your experiences, I am glad you got it working :)
  5. B

Hi Paul, Thanks for the input, it is much appreciated. However, transmitting to the board seems to go ok. When I send the reset command ("ATZ\r") I can see the board resetting (because it flashes all its lights in sequence), but I am not getting the response it is supposed to send. But you are...
  6. B

I am sorry to resurrect this old thread, but I am once again stumped :( I have moved my project from the bread board to the actual project case, and now the communication with the OBD board is lost...again. Symptoms are: It seems that I can send commands to the board, but not receive any output...
  7. B

Paul, if we ever meet I am buying beer. It seems that I have sent you on a goose entirely brought on by my electronics incompetence. After having mocked about with the connections, it worked! So it must have been some kind of wiring issue :( I am sorry for the trouble, and beer is on me if we...
  8. B

I have just tried connecting directly to the OBD board using an FTDI cable as described here https://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/294 , and it worked fine. So the board seems to be alright, so I just need to figure out where I have made an error in the Teensy setup :)
  9. B

Thanks for taking the time to do this, it is much appreciated! Code is really simple, sketch is here: https://bitbucket.org/bomadsen/arduino/src/ababd90bff99d6dc8f6af4fc2f47604770f20058/obd/obd.ino?at=master Library is home developed here...
  10. B

I share your confusion :confused: Which is why I tried to swap them a couple of times, but with seemingly the same non-existing result. But if everything else seems ok, I will try and swap some more tonight when I get home. Thanks :)
  11. B

Just to add a bit of information that might be missing :) Code is available here: https://bitbucket.org/bomadsen/arduino/src In the obd scetch and BMOBD library. The code currently shows Serial1, but I have attached the board to Serial3 and changed the code locally. Wiring is pretty simple...
  12. B

I am trying to get my teensy 3.1 to communicate with the STN1110 on board the Sparkfun OBD-II UART board (https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9555), but without much (any) luck. I have communicated with the OBD board with a simple serial connection on my Arduino, but when I hook the board up to...
  13. B

Easiest way to power a portable teensy project

That would be nice, but unfortunately it will be used in Denmark where I live. And while you can say a lot of nice things about Denmark, you can't exactly call it sunny :) No problem, we have several suppliers of both brands here in Europe, so (disregarding the sometimes high premium they...
  14. B

I was not aware of that, thanks :)
  15. B

Gotcha, but still more than the 3.3v that the teensy require?
Back