Recent content by buhlerl

1. B

Teensy 3.6 Hardware Serial Issue

Thanks for asking Kurt - yes, it is set for 3.3v (and verified by scope) However overnight I've found the issue - there was an obscure grounding problem with the FTDI board (plugging in the Teensy USB supplied the ground...) My apologies for thinking this could be a Teensy problem :( , consider...
  2. B

Teensy 3.6 Hardware Serial Issue

Have just run into the weirdest problem, this is the setting: I have a Teensy 3.6 with an FTDI connection to Serial3 (pins 7,8) (this shows up as Com25 on my computer - Win7-64) The following code is a minimum to demonstrate the problem: void setup() { Serial3.begin(19200); delay(10); }...
  3. B

PJRC Web Site

Hi Paul and Robin, Love your amazing products and use them continually! Latest project involves interfacing multiple LIDARs etc. Will be using the 3.6 in a multi-sensor IR beacon scanner next. Hope I'm not stepping on too many toes (hopefully you still have 20 total)... but, your web site is...
  4. B

OctoWS2811 output pins available for other uses

Many thanks, no problem - just needed to know for sure
  5. B

OctoWS2811 output pins available for other uses

Newbie question - with OctoWS2811, if only using a single strip, are the other 7 assigned output pins usable by other sections of the program?
  6. B

Crash requiring reprogramming

Excellent thoughts - thanks! In this case the program can run for hours or even days and restart normally in the interim - initially I simplistically thought that nothing I do programatically could corrupt the actual program but these suggestions have given me ideas on where to look.
  7. B

Thanks! Will investigate that angle
  8. B

General question here which is undoubtedly naive - has anyone come across an intermittent code bug that crashes a Teensy 3.2 so thoroughly that it will not restart with a power-up but requires reprogramming? I.e. program runs fine at first but crashes at some point and will not restart with hard...
  9. B

Multiple Teensy Programming issue

Thanks! Will check it out - thank-you!
  10. B

Multiple Teensy Programming issue

I'm using 4 Teensy 3.2's in a Win7/Arduino/Teensyduino environment and have discovered I cannot upload a program from the Arduino IDE to a specific Teensy - other ones get programmed instead/as well, causing significant issues. My short-term fix is to unplug all except the one I'm currently...
Back