Recent content by chimeforest

1. C

24 Analog Outputs

Ah I see, that makes sense. Thanks for explaining it Paul!
  2. C

24 Analog Outputs

Control Voltage (as I understand it) is a loose standard for sending signals (like Low Frequency Oscillators, Gates, and Triggers) between different synth modules using patch cables. It was created in the 40s and uses differing voltages to send this info. For my project, I would like it to align...
  3. C

24 Analog Outputs

64 outputs would be incredible! Would it be possible to configure the maximum voltage it sends? I know the Teensy 4.0 is limited to 3.3v, but it would be pretty cool to send real 0-5v CV signals to other devices.
  4. C

Analog ground

I believe the Analog Ground pin's purpose is to be separate from the digital ground pin(s). This way any activity on the digital ground won't effect your analog readings.
  5. C

24 Analog Outputs

Thanks everyone for all the great info! Up until last year I'd mostly messed only messed with programming and simple circuits, so a lot of this info is new to me. Right now, I can look at a circuit diagram, and tell what each individual symbol is/does, but can't say what exactly the circuit does...
  6. C

24 Analog Outputs

I'm not sure about the math... here is how I figure it.. Let's say I go with 16bit resolution, that means I need to send out 2 bytes of data per channel in a millisecond. 16 bits/ms * 24 channels = 384bits/ms.. or 384KHz (plus addressing and/or start/stop bits.) Does that make sense? Unrelated...
  7. C

24 Analog Outputs

Thanks for your reply Paul, This idea is still in the thought stage... perhaps even more of theoretical stage for the moment, so I don't know all the specs I would be working with.. However I do think I would want at least 12 or 16 bit resolution and a bandwidth of more than 4 bytes per output...
  8. C

24 Analog Outputs

Hello, I've got an idea for making a synth with the Teensy4.0. For it to work, I would need at least 24 continuous true analog signals to output from the Teensy. It can't be a PWM signal, and it mustn't break off (like I assume a MUX/DEMUX would do). They will be outputting CV signals (only...
Back