Recent content by ChrisBaron

1. C

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #9

Very interesting analysis but the fact remains that flush() should not return until all of the characters have cleared the hardware transmitter. Similarly available() should not return false if characters are in the FIFO but not in the RAM buffer yet.
  2. C

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #9

So why was Serial1.available() not catching all the characters from the printf case? Is it slower? Faster? Was it a logic race on pulling them out of the receive FIFO before available() reports empty? Why did println() work and printf() not work on exactly the same string and the same code on...
  3. C

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #9

Yes sending from Serial2 to Serial1 via the proper TX->RX etc. I wasn't trying to measure the delay. Just reporting that the flush() function wasn't working with the string I was sending. I was also reporting that if I put a delayMicroseconds(75) after the flush all the characters would be...
  4. C

Teensyduino 1.54 Beta #9

Issue with printf and flush on serial transfer Noticed an issue with Serialx.printf vs Serialx.println and flush()function. Seems like printf followed by flush() doesn't actually wait sometimes. Characters are not lost there is just a delay before they can be read. If I wait >75us on a...
  5. C

Teensy Quick Reference: Code Examples, Tips and Tricks

Don't know if this is on here yet but to use the Dual Serial and Triple Serial USB option in the newer TeensyDuino (1.52+). Use SerialUSB vs Serial. This is not in any documentation on the Web site yet. void setup() { SerialUSB.begin(250000); SerialUSB1.begin(250000)...
  6. C

Teensy 3.x UART IRDA mode

HI All, Thought I would post this in case anyone else is searching for info on IRDA mode in the Teensy UARTs. I realize IRDA is kind of old tech but it works in some situations where RF is not desired. There is very little information on this anywhere that I could find on the Web or in the...
  7. C

Looking for advice to control 6000 leds

17A is a lot for 16AWG wire. Just saying. You need a level shifter to convert from 3.3V to 5V. The Octo has a good example. Look at how that circuit works and use 2x of those chips to get 16 lines. Don't know if you can do DMA on 16 Teensy3.2 outputs...
  8. C

The Octo adapter page has some comments on numbers of LEDs that can be controlled. https://www.pjrc.com/store/octo28_adaptor.html Since the Octo library uses DMA I think you can get 8x strips with full capacity for timing on each strip. The Teensy4.0 has lots more of all the limiting...
  9. C

Well if you used the segmented approach you could have a master node on the CANbus network and say 10x Teensy 3.2s controlling 600 LEDs each in 8x strings of 75 LEDs - or however you wanted to break it up. The master would send CANbus messages to tell the actual LED controllers what to do...
  10. C

I would probably approach it with multiple Octos and CANbus between the Teensy3.2 units. That lets you work it in chunks and then add/subtract more 8x blocks as needed. I tend to use a lot more of these cheap hardware units and keep them lightly loaded and simple. You could also use a low end...
  11. C

Which display

Not a RasPi guy. However, I did research this a while back and figured I could get a minimal system to boot <10S. I think the system is called "buildroot". It basically compresses a stripped full OS image into the initial RasPi bootload file. Which autoloads from SDCard or whatever the boot...
  12. C

VIN up to 7.2V after VUSB-VIN cut on Teensy 3.2/3.5, but not on LC/3.0/3.1/3.6?

The regulator has internal temp protection. I think Paul is saying if it gets really really hot under use it might just decide to shut down on you at random points. 160C is too hot to touch so you will know if it is getting into the overheat zone. The internal CPU temp sensor probably won't...
  13. C

Workflow. Remote edit. Local code store, compile, upload.

Arduino has a cloud editor/compiler. Haven't used it. Might be worth exploring.
  14. C

Which display

What about a RasPi Zero running an HDMI display with a CANbus adapter hat? Lots of choices then...
  15. C

phase correct PWM

Here is what I did to get complimentary output on 2 channels of FTM2. It doesn't use the full capability of the timer but it works and is simple. /* * Test complimentary PWM on FTM2 CH0/CH1 with deadtime */ #define RND_PWM_A_PIN 32 #define RND_PWM_B_PIN 25 #define BUTTON_3_PIN...
Back