Recent content by ChrisRowland

1. C

Teensyduino 1.57 Released

Thanks Kurt.
  2. C

Teensyduino 1.57 Released

Just updated to 1.57 and get this error with a Teensy LC: The program couldn't be simpler: #include <ADC.h> void setup() { // put your setup code here, to run once: } void loop() { // put your main code here, to run repeatedly: } Changing the offending line to...
  3. C

Restoring an interrupt after Snooze

I've solved this, at least well enough for now. The trick was not to use Snooze but to use chipaudette's idea of calling WFI. This gets me down to 18mA of which 10mA is the quiescent current for the voltage regulator. Removed the regulator and run it on 3 AAs, 7.8mA is OK. Less would be nice...
  4. C

A few more thoughts, prompted by reading the "Power Management for Kinetis MCUs" AN. I'd assumed that the sleep process took over the pin interrupts specified but I'm not sure this is the case. The power management system seems to be separate from the interrupts. Some exit modes talk about...
  5. C

Hi, I'm trying to write a morse keyer using a Teensy LC. I'm using Snooze.sleep to reduce the current consumption while waiting for a key to be pressed. The key press and release events are detected in ISRs. This is all fine using a spin loop to wait for a key change event but if I use...
  6. C

Teensy LC download problems.

Thanks Paul, It looks as if the program mode processor is broken in some way, nothing to do but get another one. Chris
  7. C

Of course I had a compatible program loaded in the loader. The blink program. And I had the loader running. Would not using the correct term for what the button does make a difference? The program that's running is doing a lot in a timer controlled interrupt service but with none of the...
  8. C

Hello, Ive got two Teensy LCs, one is fine but the other one will not re program. I can see it is running because the serial monitor shows output from the last program loaded, about 6 years ago. Here's the output: Pressing the boot button, following all the advice I've seen doesn't change...
  9. C

Fitting the RTC crystal on Teensy 3.2

Thanks for the feedback. I'd bought two devices so still had one to use and it's fine. Yes, I'll work up the nerve to be a bit more adventurous with the SMD rework process, I've a number of vintage PC components I can practice on. I see the point of keeping the crystal away from noise. I'm...
  10. C

Fitting the RTC crystal on Teensy 3.2

I've a suggestion when fitting the RTC crystal on the Teensy 3.2, fit the crystal to the top of the board and solder it from the bottom. I tried doing it the other way and a slight slip of the soldering iron deposited solder on some of the pins of the MK20 IC shorting them out. If you solder...
  11. C

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #2 Available

When this happens to me I go back and load the Blink application, usually using the basic Arduino IDE. This restores the processor to normal operation. Then I go back and find the fault in my code. Bugs can cause the processor to become unresponsive and all that pressing the button does is...
  12. C

highByte and lowByte not compiling

The type double is floating point, maybe that's why it won't compile. Does the PID expect a double? If so then you probably need to convert "out" to an integer, then extract the high and low bytes: int iOut = int(out); outL = lowByte(iOut); outH = highByte(iOut); Chris
  13. C

Teensyduino 1.29 Beta #2 Available

I've been trying the open drain support for HardwareSerial in this version and it seems to be doing what I expect. This is using a system where multiple devices all have their Rx and Tx lines connected and there is a /DROP line that's also open drain and pulled up. A device that wishes to...
  14. C

Rs485 halfduplex for Dynamixel with Teensy 3.1 without external Buffer chip

Thanks very much for this. I'm interested because I'm just starting a project that I think will need this for RS232 communication but it's going to be a while before I'm in a position to try it for myself. Please don't wait on my behalf! Chris
  15. C

Teensy3 alternative for dtostrf() ?

I ended up doing my own conversion function, it works the way I want and is also much smaller. It's not so universal but copes with the numbers I throw at it. I found that dtostrf uses about 13924 bytes of program memory and 116 bytes of dynamic while my f2str function adds 144 bytes of...
Back