Recent content by danpeirce

1. D

How to learn Arduino / How to Learn C

The Raspberry Pi is great for many applications but it requires a lot of power and it is intended to be a little cheap computer. Teensy and other boards like the discovery board are intended to be smart peripherals that can be powered up from the USB port. Another issue with the Raspberry Pi is...
  2. D

I think the different perspectives represented here reflect different needs in different environments. In educational environments cost is always a primary consideration. Easy to use development tools that allow simulation and stepping through the code while displaying the contents of memory...
  3. D

At the risk of going off topic: The smallest and oldest PIC devices really could only be programmed in assembly due to a small hardware stack and very little RAM. The PIC18FXXXX devices are the lowest end devices that Microchip stated were optimized for running C programs. Note that these...
  4. D

I think you have asked a really good question. I have been programming PIC microcontrollers in C since 2005. Programming in C is a lot more productive than using Assembly language which I used on microcontrollers before. The Arduino libraries provides a much easier learning curve since the...
  5. D

MicroPython for Teensy 3.1

I did notice a discrepancy between the features meantioned in the github micro python teensy wiki and those shown by the help. By the time I got it to build I did not have time to try anything else but type help(). I also think I remember noticing when programming (it was at 2 am) that memory...
  6. D

Edit 3. Okay. I got it to build on my debian computer.! I made use of the directions at http://eliaselectronics.com/stm32f4-tutorials/setting-up-the-stm32f4-arm-development-toolchain/ They filled in the gaps I did not know. My this really is amazing. I was so surprised by the number of features...
  7. D

I thought I would give the latest Master a try. I'm getting an error. Correction and edit I went back your early version (fix-2014-01-14 branch) and built that again just to make sure I had not forgotten how I was doning that. It still works. Not to meantion that in the mean time I had...
  8. D

I followed your directions and it worked nicely. :D Of course it would be wonderful to have support for more of the Teensy's features.
  9. D

Teensy 3.0 Project Template

One other thing I was wondering about is would it be a problem to use a main.c C file for the main function rather than the main.cpp C++ file? The following simple file worked but I am wondering if this will be asking for trouble when I want to use USBserial or other more complex freatures?
  10. D

Teensy 3.0 Project Template

I take it you are overclocking the CPU. I am not at all familiar with this MCU. Does changing the number here just tell the program how fast the cpu is or does this actually set the speed somehow? I see the rated speed for the 3.1 is 72 MHz. Perhaps the number controls a PPL? I'm noticing that...
Back