defragster's latest activity

• defragster
    defragster replied to the thread CAN SOMEONE EXPLAIN.
    Seems some temporary confusion in the IDE perhaps. Perhaps the Teensy is not happily running USB Serial code to respond. Do a Verify Build ( the 'check' mark) then Press the Program Button on the Teensy. That should work and it should work...
  • defragster
    Hoping that sketch worked? Indeed it provides the 'link' from RTC hardware to the usable MCU time keeper. Assuming this is a new connect added after the DevBd 4.0 and not present on that board? the one label copied from T_MM design isn't the RTC...
  • defragster
    Is the hub externally powered?
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Love Love.
    Well it's pretty much finished. Modified the SDRAM Dev board /RD signal to use manual pulse generation. Bus speeds are about the same as the T4.1:D The FlexIO /RD signal generation seems to have been the main issue for stability. It kind of makes...
  • defragster
    This 19 page thread might be good to review for similar issues and post there for those looking at that thread. https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensy-4-0-based-audio-guestbook.70553/
  • defragster
    @KurtE Been playing with your latest changes and testing on with the 2640 and 5640. With the 2640 jpeg seems to be problematic maybe will get a good image 1 in 10 times or so. With the Adafrut 5640 seems to be working like a charm - even able...
  • defragster
    Quick update on using the CSI setup to try to read in Jpeg images in from OV2640 and later OV5640 on Teensy 4.1. I tried several different ways to make it work within CSI subsystem. I was tried several different ways to turn off using their DMA...
  • defragster
    this ... I'm with the audio-guestbook and I'm having trouble with the connection because it's all the time trying to connect and disconnect. Thank you ... might get better response on a thread for the guestbook If the 'disconnect' comes after...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread About expansion to RAM1.
    Padding is abandoned space left unused as the CODE/ITCM and DATA/DTCM split is on a 32KB boundary. After the code space is allocated, the data is started on the next 32KB boundary and the 'padding' between is left unused. RAM2 cannot execute...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread About expansion to RAM1.
    And after reading that seeing the RAM 1: padding:27192 for this build says if 6KB of code moved to FLASHMEM that would free up 32KB of variable space in RAM1, that would overcome the shown 4.4K deficit - at least until the code grows. Also if...
  • defragster
    Merged - can be seen for comment as https://github.com/Defragster/EVKB_1060/blob/main/docs/DogBoneSDRAMv1.xlsx @Dogbone06 -, etc: Wondering if the edge single row might work as a double row for DB_V 5.0 to shorten the pin array for shield...
  • defragster
    Thanks @jmarsh and @mjs513 Quick note on the main CSI pins, (AD_B1_xx) pins, that are used on Teensy 4.1. They are also FlexIO pins but on FlexIO3, which does not have DMA, so we have not tried using it... But could especially, if we do it...
  • defragster
    Might be - seems there was a recent other post where that was the issue. Started that reply and deleted when p#1 appeared as wasn't sure of the 'recent post' covering that issue. If the shield on that cable was connected to the removed plug it...
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    I received my 74LVC245 chips and had some fun wiring this rat's nest up: This took care of the bad image when loading from FLASHMEM. Both FLASHMEM and SDRAM are working using 8-bit DMA. The image is correct and repeatable at 20MHz. I only...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread Freertos with teensy 4.0.
    Looking at the card the 23,22 will precede 0,1:
    • 1714115890476.png
  • defragster
    Quick updates on CSI code: I now have more of it working with T4.1 and CSI running in VGA size, with PSRAM for frame buffer. I have more of it working now. With the VGA sketch, using OV7675 camera PSRAM, where f command is working, as is m and...
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Have the SDRAM board wired up to the ER-TFT101-1 display. DMA is working on it as well as the MicroMod, sort of! This is the test sketch I am using modified to include SDRAM usage: #include "RA8876_t3.h" #include "SDRAM_t4.h" #include...
  • defragster
    Merged: https://github.com/Defragster/EVKB_1060/blob/main/docs/DogBoneSDRAMv1.xlsx
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Sorry, I did not go all the way up on the SS to those pins... I have now... Exactly. Pushed up current version to fork of defragsters github project and issued PR https://github.com/Defragster/EVKB_1060/pull/1
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to wwatson's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Love Love.
    We finally have DMA working properly on the MicroMod and presumably the SDRAM Dev Board (not tested yet). My MicroMod quit while testing the 8080 mode for the ER-TFTM101-1 display. Had to reposition the MCU board in the connector. It's working...
  • defragster
    Note: no promises on these boards, as I am a retired software guy.... I was laying out a complete board as a modified version of the earlier board I did for the Micromod. But decided to do a quick and dirty one that I can easily solder up. So...
  • defragster
    Thanks, fixed it in v0.1.3
  • defragster
    The sketch below shows a fixed-point sine/cosine lookup that I think is well-suited to the OP's program, which doesn't need high precision on angles or intensity. Angles are scaled 0..2PI and sines/cosines are scaled -1..1 over the 16-bit range...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread Freertos with teensy 4.0.
    Is it ok that both are using Serial.print("); ? Generally, interrupt/multitask doing that causes grief. Perhaps have the Transmit() use pinMode OUTPUT for LED_BUILTIN and do a digitalToggle(LED_BUILTIN), and not share USB print.
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Note: that is simply a print to pdf of one of the pages in the excel document: https://github.com/KurtE/TeensyDocuments/blob/master/Teensy4x%20Pins.xlsx Note: @mjs513 did a modified version of this that I think is in @defragster github project...
  • defragster
    Works for me, with the Devboard, as I created a variant that had all of the extra pins defined. Otherwise you would not have pin numbers to work with... True, typo...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread Win11 doesnt recognize Teensy.
    Pushing the Button was good but, Opps - missed the BLINK part!
  • defragster
    This is an alternate library to SDRAM_t4? A bit of ReadMe to see about changing? Just drop ref to SDRAM_t4 and perhaps make libray\SDRAM and include SDRAM.H? Other details or changes?
  • defragster
    That console note suggest what might be the best solution. Under TOOLS find PORTS and select the correct item under 'teensy ports'
  • defragster
    The Teensy may be in a state with USB not present or not functioning when connected. Press the Program button on the Teensy and see if that changes anything
  • defragster
    I did not bring out any special ports. All that was done was SDCARD and USB-PD. But ofc we can keep going and make a gen5 that has more stuff. But it needs coordinating, Rezo and KurtE together could make a full pin mapping, that would be ideal...
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to mjs513's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Wow you been busy!!! Nice job
  • defragster
    So I decided to make a facelift, adding SDCARD and USB-PD which supports the PD protocol up to 12V. There are pads to solder if you just want to use the second port as a pass through with 5V. Meaning, it will deliver the same 5V coming into the...
  • defragster
    Thanks @mjs513, As you mentioned we are having some fun with several of these cameras. I see you showed my quick and dirty (v2) version of a shield for the Sparkfun Micrmod ATP board. Sure is a lot easier than having to deal with lots of...
  • defragster
    Except for the SDRAM added connects as noted in p#926 - the majority of the pins present as a micromod since it is seen as T_MM because of the use of the 16MB Flash. Wonder if anything in the #IFDEF T_MM code might make the difference? Otherwise...
  • defragster
    TyCommander can be used as SerMon for multiple Teensys and selectively put them in bootloader (without changing any cores file). Very handy with more than one online - each can have SerMon display in same or new window. This works with a Verify...
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to BriComp's post in the thread Teensyduino 1.59 Released with Like Like.
    Nah, with all the talk of version 2, very easy to do.
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to jmarsh's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Like Like.
    Made an interesting discovery: it's possible to initialize the SDRAM even before any code gets executed, by filling out a DCD (Device Configuration Data) struct. The ROM processes it and takes care of programming all the SEMC registers when the...
  • defragster
    defragster replied to the thread Problemes with DIY Teensy 4.1.
    Looking at https://www.pjrc.com/store/ic_mkl02_t4.html It notes: 10 Blinks = Serial Number Already Assigned A problem occurred with the serial number & ethernet mac address assignment.
  • defragster
    That’s awesome! Good work :D
  • defragster
    Here is the SDRAM board and ER-TFTM101-1 TFT working in 8080 8-bit mode. It's a start:) Waiting on some info to try out 16-bit 8080 mode...
  • defragster
    Change in CS pin is interesting with changes in TeensyDuino version - but CS usage is normally a live pin. As for Verbosity, the Preferences page in IDE ( Ctrl+, ) has a checkbox for Verbose compile output and all build info then appears in console.
  • defragster
    looking at the TD 1.59 release notes: https://forum.pjrc.com/index.php?threads/teensyduino-1-59-released.74436/ The C++ build moved to #17 Lots of display libs are listed as some changes - some needed changes may have been missed? Were any...
  • defragster
    Just re-did it all and it's working :D Must have messed up on the wiring. Probably one off. It now works out of the box...
  • defragster
    Running the SDRAM at 270 MHz? For T_3.6 there was a PCB here wired with resistors to VGA - wonder if it works with the current scheme? What SDRAM Lib is in use? The one derived from Paul's work on the @mjs513 github or the work @jmarsh did...
  • defragster
    @jmarsh - Tested the elcdif sketches. Impressive:D Did not realize the mandelbrot sketch was animated. Now to hook up the 10.1" LCD and test... EDIT: By the way the T41 on the breadboard is the first T41 I got from PJRC. It has the white...
  • defragster
    First simple experiment on SDRAM board works. Adapted my 4-bit VGA library based on @jmarsh's driver to the dev board. Just had to change two pin defines for FlexIo2 for HSYNC and VSYNC which is used in several places in the FlexIO begin method...
  • defragster
    The solder paste used on these boards are high temp 260c, it's actually very good solder. But to get something off you need a good iron and some flux. Or add a little more solder paste from a siringe (the latter is the best and easiest option)...
  • defragster
    defragster reacted to KurtE's post in the thread Call to arms | Teensy + SDRAM = true with Wow Wow.
    Or use a 🔨 😉 Not sure what temperature solder that was used. Mine was a bit stubborn coming off, so I partially cut it off...
  • defragster
    Hello fellow Teensiers. First off, this is only for custom boards! I plan to make the Teensy work with SDRAM. Making custom Teensy boards is something I've done for a while with great success. The forum has been good help and the community we...
Back