Recent content by DJ Namaste

1. D

Teensy APA102 POV Poi / Pixel Poi Build. Tutorial

I have added a bit more information to my request for some advice. This sketch works on esp8266 and fastled but stores all 137 patterns in RAM: https://github.com/djnamaste/POV-ESP8266-stored-in-ROM I want to take advantage of the flash space on the esp and add more patterns and functions...
  2. D

https://github.com/djnamaste/esp8266-supernova-attempt I am working on porting Adafruit's POV code to work on esp8266. Using NodeMCU this sketch works when using graphicsesp.h but it saves patterns in the working memory, not in flash. Changing the pattern file to graphics.h does not work but I...
  3. D

Teensy 3.5 only works with torsion applied to board

Hello, I have a teensy 3.5 that will only work if pressure is applied on the board after a hard fall/impact to the board. I am wondering if I can resolder by hot plate method with the 3.5? Any other tips?
  4. D

Hi, I am wondering if anyone can help get Adafruit's pov code to work on ESP8266. I believe the problem is that PROGMEM is handled differently in ESP chips. The code compiles but does not work. I know it is wired correctly as I have tested with a simple led chase code. The POV code in this...
  5. D

Supernova Poi code questions

This is a test pattern 32 pixels tall that should repeat down to the length of the led strand of 160 leds. The code below is the graphics.h // Don't edit this file! It's software-generated. // See convert.py script instead. #define PALETTE1 0 #define PALETTE4 1 #define PALETTE8 2 #define...
  6. D

Supernova Poi code questions

Hi, I am trying to repeat images down the row of Leds using the Supernova poi code from Adafruit using Teensy 3.2. The code below will display a 32 pixel image multiple times down the row. The problem is there is a flash between frames after the 32nd pixel. It is also displaying slower than the...
  7. D

IR send and receive using Shirriff library

I'm kind of following you but don't quite understand some of it. I've found in other discussions that say you cant generate and send new data using send.raw as it requires a defined value stored in memory. So if I want to generate a random number between 0-200 by one teensy and to receive that...
  8. D

Okay, this code is sending ir data from one teensy to the other teensy. Now instead of a NEC code, I want to send a random number generated from the sending board to the receiving board so they each get the same random number. How can you send a data value over IR? #include <IRremote.h>...
  9. D

Hello, using Ken Shirriff's irremote library, I want to send data using a remote to one teensy and have it relay that same code to another teensy. So one relays to the other the same value. I have a sketch that is set up to send and receive the data The IR emitter is connected to pin 5 on...
  10. D

Did you get the original poisonic sketch working? It seems the best way to do what you want is to have the hall sensor trigger the start of the image display and then adjust the time of the image display to fit.
  11. D

Cutting Teensy 3.6 down to size?

Is this the same for 3.2? I usually would trim the edges of 3.0 and 3.1 and it would still work. I trimmed the 3.2 edge and it will not work. I can't figure out why because I don't see anything related to the power or ground on the pins that would stop it from working.
  12. D

Teensy pin out trimmed down

Yes I saw that. Anyway, the question here is can I get this board working again? I trimmed down the pins on one side and thought it would not cause issues for the processor. it has worked before but I must have trimmed too much and cut into a essential wire that powers it. I looked at the...
  13. D

Teensy pin out trimmed down

Hello I am working on making a hula hoop. Previously I have trimmed down the edges of the teensy 3.2 by cutting the pins off from pin 13 and up and just using the pins on the opposite side. It has worked for me in the past and this time around with the board I purchased a couple weeks ago, it...
  14. D

Time based loop/repeating using APA102 & ws2812 question

Yes that works. Interesting how you are using color index to create the strobes. Is there any more examples like this?
  15. D

Time based loop/repeating using APA102 & ws2812 question

This piece of the code is how ive done things previously. It repeats the strobe effect until 50 is reached, then it goes to the next strobe or rainbow chase. I want to make it do the color wipes until 5 seconds pass, then move to the next strobe color combinations. for (j = 0; j < 50; j++) {...
Back