Recent content by dlab

1. D

SD.remove(filename) is not working on Teensy 4.1

That makes a lot of sense. Thank you!
  2. D

Thank you for responding, the problem was quite silly :p I was closing the file and then calling SD.remove(). All I had to do was move the SD.remove() line above the entry.close() line.
  3. D

I have written a function that indicates the start of sending files on an SD card by printing the characters "analogData" and then each file in the SD card has its filename printed and then the data the file contains. This function is supposed to delete the file after sending it over the Serial...
  4. D

How to mount Teensy 4.1 with SD card as a drive on a Linux machine?

I have a Teensy 4.1 that writes files to an SD card attached to the builtin SD card port. I want to know if it is possible to access these files on a Raspberry Pi by getting the Teensy to behave like a USB drive. Does anyone have an example sketch that demonstrates the Teensy being used like this?
  5. D

File being created but SD card not being written to even with flush()

I am trying to write joystick X & Y values to an SD card from within a timer interrupt using the SD library. The file is being created, but whatever data is supposed to be written to it cannot be seen when I open it in a text editor. The timer interrupt contains a lot of code (mostly just if...
  6. D

Inconsistent millis() timing when a timer interrupt is running.

Is the incrementing of the timer register(s) used by millis() and micros() paused during the execution of an ISR? To check this I wrote a simple sketch to run on a Teensy 4.1 IntervalTimer timer; int interruptTimeTaken = 0; void interrupt() { int startTime = millis(); // useless...
  7. D

Using BUILTIN_SDCARD for chip select on Teensy 4.1 is not working.

I think I have finally found a way to get the Teensy to initialise and recognise the SD card!!!! The following instructions were tested on Ubuntu 22.04 LTS I had to use the SD Card Formatter tool downloaded from the sdcard.org website. This is the command that you have to run to format the SD...
  8. D

I have used the T41 with 2 SD Cards (pictures below). I have verified that the formatting is correct by using the tool from sdcard.org and formatting it to FAT32. I have also verified that both the SD Cards work by making sure I could write a simple text file to them on my computer. Here are...
  9. D

Could you please provide me with the syntax for doing so? I would greatly appreciate that since I cannot find any resources that would help me use this tool.
  10. D

Here is are some screenshots that show exactly what I am running: SD card info: Would the SD Library CardInfo example sketch indicate if something was wrong with the format that the SD card is in? SD Library example sketch CardInfo.ino and its output: I have run CardInfo many times, that...
  11. D

Exactly, I have been using a T41 for a long time on this computer. Are there other things that I could try? Perhaps using a different type of SD card, or a different brand? What are the things that could've gone wrong for this problem to arise? Any help or advice would be very much...
  12. D

I am using Ubuntu 22.04, Arduino IDE 2.1.0. Are there any known issues with these?
  13. D

I have tried running the CardInfo example after setting chipSelect to BUILTIN_SDCARD, it says the same thing, that card initialisation failed. The SD card is not an old card, it is a 32 gb SanDisk Ultra micro SD HC card
  14. D

I am trying to write data to an SD card connected to a Teensy 4.1 using the port that's on the PCB (not an external micro SD module). I was trying to check if the Teensy is able to recognise that there is an SD card connected to it by uploading the following code: #include <SD.h> #include...
  15. D

How to get back /dev/ttyACM0 corresponding to a connected Teensy headlessly?

I have tried multiple ways of uploading to a Teensy 4.1 headlessly from a Raspberry Pi using the Arduino IDE over VNC, arduino-cli & teensy_loader_cli. This is the command I use with teensy_loader_cli to upload (.hex file is generated using arduino-cli): teensy_loader_cli --mcu=TEENSY41 -w...
Back