Recent content by dslocum

1. D

T4 Audio library Synth that tracks external input frequency

I should add that the input is a square wave from an analog VCO and I'm verified that there's nothing funny (ringing, noise, etc) going into the T4 that would cause these counts - at least from a hardware standpoint.
  2. D

I've uninstalled the old GitHub version and reinstalled the most recent Teensyduino so I should have the latest. Now compiles fine, but the numbers from the input are still wild. This is with several oscillators running that were simply started in SETUP. 300.95 5000000.00 328.95 300.84 328.85...
  3. D

I used the Arduino GUI to install FreqMeasure, then tried to compile the Serial_Output example sketch. Got error: "Unknown chip, please edit me with timer+counter definitions" I notice that the 1062 chip isn't listed in FreqMeasureCapture.h. Is there a more recent version for the T4.0 ? What...
  4. D

OK, I looked at FreqMeasureMulti so I didn't have to use pin 22. I then reworked my PCB to put my external input onto Teensy's pin 22 and reorganized my code. My application first starts 8 oscillators and a filter, and I can verify those are working fine. FreqMeasureMulti DOES detect the...
  5. D

Looking at the FreqMeasure library. It says I must connect my external input to pin 22. Is that the physical pin 22 (D20 / A6) or pin 24 (D22)? I can't use D20, as that's driving my PT8211 audio DAC. Just want to clarify before I start hacking up my prototype board.
  6. D

I think I looked at that library as well, but I'll take another look. I can read a PIC data sheet, but these chips are much more than my current pay grade! :-/ Any "top of your head" thoughts on how that might (or not) interfere with the audio library oscillators? I'll be running 8...
  7. D

Hi, I'm working on a small synth using a T4.0 w/Audio library. I want the "oscillators" to track the pitch / frequency of a simple (sine / square) external audio waveform. I already have some good success with a prototype, but my problem is that the audio library and my external input reading...
  8. D

T4.0 ISR Rising Edge Voltage Trigger Level?

This thread helped my particular problem a great deal. Now on to the "other fish to fry"! MANY thanks to all!
  9. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

Ah, OK. NP then. This is strictly synth - not external audio processing. (whew!)
  10. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

Good info sir! I'll be giving it a try. But what's the concern with the A/D? I'll be needing to read a few pots in this app. Workarounds?
  11. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

One concern... Are the timers in the FreqCount library used in the Audio library? Will they interfere at all?
  12. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

Frank & Recyclestudio, Thanks for the input. Maybe I gave up on my initial tests too soon. Now with your feedback, I'll spend some more time on this without hardware. It's always so great to have helpful folks around giving advice and suggestions! Most appreciated. :-)
  13. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

Wow, thanks again for your suggestion! That was actually the first thing I tried before trying NoteFrequency. Unfortunately, that also uses interrupts which completely messes up the audio stuff. The more I've thought about it, I really don't think there's going to be a good CPU based...
  14. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

Thanks for your reply. I did think of that, but since it makes heavy use of interrupts, it would interfere with all the audio synth stuff - which also uses interrupts - that I need to happen at the same time. I ordered some 16 bit counter chips to test my hardware version idea. That way, I...
  15. D

Synth & Freq Measure T4

I'm hoping someone can direct me to a solution... I want to accurately detect the frequency of an external VCO source (using something like Freq Measure library) and track some Teensy synth Waveform objects to it. In theory (my theory at least), it should be easy to take the frequency output...
Back