Recent content by Duhjoker

1. Duhjoker

Storing images or image data on SD (gaming)

I'm trying to add a button function for the collision triggers for room changes and text and what ever so when I'm bumping into people objects they only popup when collision is made and "B" button is pressed. The one I'm working on is supposed to do 4 things, make a pop up message, add an item...
  2. Duhjoker

On my GameR console that uses buttons, I can move the player in a northwest direction by pressing both left and up buttons. I would like to be able to use slanted directions but I cant tell if its gonna be a hardware problem since currently moving the stick at an angle does nothing but up or...
  3. Duhjoker

I fixed the collision so the popups stay up while the player is touching a trigger bitmap. it was as simple as replacing the integer in direction repeat to the same integer used in the direction repeat at top. I know that sounds confusing so ill post the correction...
  4. Duhjoker

I changed the repeat frequency to 50 which looks better with the animation but the response time is still spotty and some times you have to push the stick in the reverse direction before the opposite side works. Other times it works fine. I'm wondering if decreasing the pwm frequency in the...
  5. Duhjoker

its lil splotchy though and now I'm having a collision problem. Its colliding but my popup messages only flash because now the player wont stay on the collision to keep the text bubble up on the screen. something to do with move direction repeat 0 being with in the collision call. I tried to...
  6. Duhjoker

I got it working properly. I went ahead and just made 4 new if functions using the extra parenthesis example posted earlier in the thread and transcribed it to the other three movements. I made progress by adding last x and last y in the loop past the last movement if. left started repeating...
  7. Duhjoker

Could the problem be with the pwm out puts paired with the timer? PWM as I understand it is a timed pulse, the longer the push the longer the pulse is. Could it be the elapsed millis commands messing with the pwm timers?
  8. Duhjoker

the direction thig is mixed up due to the rotation of the joys on the console. ones turned 90* the other270*. Ok i once again checked that the board was working properly using the adafruit example. They both work. I changed every thing to resemble the above but no change. If i use my original...
  9. Duhjoker

now i have everything but left going but there is a glitch. the player only moves up or right til the menu pops up then down can be accessed but no left. ive been staring at it for a while and i just don't see it. Yes int y = ss1.analogRead(2); and int x = ss1.analogRead(3); are in the loop. i...
  10. Duhjoker

ok I don't get it. I can get up to work but but if i repeat the variables given i get nothing but up. struct Player { int player_x; int player_y; int room; int player_direction; int player_directionRepeat; }; Player player = { 160, 170, 3, 2, 0}; int y = ss1.analogRead(2)...
  11. Duhjoker

ok so I changed my player to match the stuff you added but I get no change.... int y = ss1.analogRead(2); int x = ss1.analogRead(3); int player_directionRepeat = 0; // Zero to start and reset to zero anytime no movement was requested int MoveRepeat = 0; #define MoveRepeatRate 100 //...
  12. Duhjoker

Well yea the player can only move one direction at a time. heres a break down of my player movement.... int y = ss1.analogRead(2); // reads analog input y int x = ss1.analogRead(3); // reads analog input x if(x > 600 && last_x < 600){ ////if x is greater than 600 and last x...
  13. Duhjoker

all right so I got the new analog controls and buttons programmed in to my game example. But I cant figure out to make the joystick movement repeat. I can only move my player object once per stick movement which doesn't work at all. Any clue as to how I can make the analog movements repeat when...
  14. Duhjoker

Remove the second part of each movement and the last part as seen below and it runs stable.... //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /////////// board rotation = 270* int y =...
  15. Duhjoker

I get what your saying guys but I just don't have the room for soldering extra pins or the wiring it would take. kinda got every thing packed tight into a little case. There's actually another example included in the seesaw library I had not checked out. Joy wing oled example that prints a...
Back