Recent content by Dulz

1. D

Rotary encoder find

Yeh its going crazy, after i put the delay on there it showed that pattern.
  2. D

Rotary encoder find

Thanks for the replys guys, I played around a bit longer yesterday and was able to get it reading both ways by putting a capacitor in the line with a pullup resiter as well, however i wouldn't say it was a reliable read, every turn i could get different results and going backwards read about...
  3. D

Rotary encoder find

I put a 10k pullup resistor to pins 9 and 10, which really smoothed it out, otherwise it was going crazy counting when it wasnt even spinning. But only counts up.
  4. D

Rotary encoder find

#define ENCODER_OPTIMIZE_INTERRUPTS #include <Encoder.h> // Change these pin numbers to the pins connected to your encoder. // Best Performance: both pins have interrupt capability // Good Performance: only the first pin has interrupt capability // Low Performance: neither pin has...
  5. D

Rotary encoder find

Hi Guys, thanks for your replys. I have had a go at connecting it to a teensy 3.6 using the wiring vjmuzik gave above. It appears to be counting, however only counting upwards. If i spin it either way then it goes up. Any thoughts on why? I will post the code in my next reply.
  6. D

Rotary encoder find

From what i can see on the instructions, it says 12v-24v. I'm assuming that is the red wire? I also am assuming that the others are signal wires and that they wouldn't need 12v?
  7. D

Rotary encoder find

8. D

Rotary encoder find

9. D

Rotary encoder find

Hi everyone, i found this rotary encoder at work and would like to attempt to read it. The details i can make out are: Matsushita ER24 (from research i believe is panasonic) AER12122 The instructions i will post a photo, but they are all in what i assume is Japanese. My fist issue is, does...
  10. D

Stone HMI screen

I did some testing, I didn't try python as i've never tried it before, but i just did a serial read and print to serial monitor in the arduino ide. Hopefully you understand the results because im fairly confused.. So i set a button on the screen to send a variable. The variable location is...
  11. D

Stone HMI screen

Wow iv'e read this so many times tonight and i still haven't really wrapped my head around it! This is how i'm understanding it at the moment in very basic terms... to change a variable name or number in the teensy, i would need to call void received_display_value in the loop, which will give...
  12. D

Stone HMI screen

Hi Nominal Animal, I've just been re-reading the development guide again, and noticed that when sending from the screen to the teensy that there is an extra command compared to when your sending from the teensy to the screen. To read from the screen is: A5 5A Header Command byte length 83 Read...
  13. D

Stone HMI screen

Hi Nominal Animal, I've just been re-reading the development guide again, and noticed that when sending from the screen to the teensy that there is an extra command compared to when your sending from the teensy to the screen. To read from the screen is: A5 5A Header Command byte length 83 Read...
  14. D

Stone HMI screen

Ahh so freqCount will work over on the side while the main loop runs?? That will make it easier, though I'd like to keep the main loop running fast still, as there is going to be a bunch of other sensors and also the lap timing. The rpm pickup is a wire wrapped around the sparkplug lead, with...
  15. D

Stone HMI screen

I've been mulling over this for a while now. What i'm building is a data logger, any variable change being sent back from the screen would generally be done before the logging starts. Once it is set, you would go out on the track and start logging your session. However, there is the case where...
Back