Recent content by ETMoody3

1. ETMoody3

Arduino CLI And IDE now Released - Teensy Supported!

I downloaded 2.0 on an old notebook running MX linux and gave it a thorough tryout using 1.57. No issues with anything I tried. Surprisingly good performance considering that the machine is really obsolete.
  2. ETMoody3

Raspberry PI Raspbian 64Bit OS support ?

I have Arduino 1.8.19 and Teensyduino 1.56 running on "raspian" 64 ( raspberry pi os 64 bit ) on a 8gb RPI 4 ...and while I haven't done much heavy lifting with it, it does seem to work fine. As Kurt says grab the ARM64 / AARCH64 - Jetson TX2 versions
  3. ETMoody3

Two of the same Teensy "MIDI" devices on Windows at the same time (BUG?)

Yeah, I dunno. I have one device that's Teensy 3.6 based, MIDI x 16 and another that is Teensy 4.0 based MIDI x 4 and the program I'm using ( gig performer 4 ) gives them both the same device name. It might be noteworthy that the name given is arbitrarily chosen from the two devices... likely...
  4. ETMoody3

Shepard/Barberpole infinite phaser for Teensy4

Oh, I like this a lot.
  5. ETMoody3

PCM5012 I2S DAC with Teensy 4.1

I've got a bunch of these and they work fine for me with several different microcontrollers. Note on top of the card right by the silkscreen of SCK there is a pair of pads. Bridging them with solder connects SCK to ground. This card has * 2 * low dropout converters, you must power the card...
  6. ETMoody3

MIDI Clock in.

Here's more about callbacks: https://github.com/FortySevenEffects/arduino_midi_library/wiki/Using-Callbacks
  7. ETMoody3

MIDI Clock in.

Try using the callback MIDI.setHandleClock(doSomethingAtClock); void doSomethingAtClock() { //your secret sauce here }
  8. ETMoody3

Maximum signal level on audio inputs.

You can set this with a function in the SGTL5000 control code.
  9. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

Well, this is a highly available and common encoder breakout. It may not be what you are using. Some encoders I use only attach to the data pins and ground. This one asks for a supply, ground, and then gives data pins. I use these with 3.3 v on a lot of projects. Powered with 5 volts...
  10. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

The encoders might well have been the source of trouble. As for them not damaging it right away... that doesn't seem intuitive. At this point, I'll draw back and see if anyone else has any input in that regard. However out of curiosity I'm going to set up a common encoder with 5v and...
  11. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

If those pro minis were 5 volt... they would have introduced 5 volts directly to the Teensy pins.
  12. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

But to answer your question yes there are ways to electrically isolate usb devices from the host computer that provide power via an external source. Again, the Jetson is a 5 volt system - I have one - and it seems highly unlikely it was a source of lethal voltage. Search for "ADUM3160 usb...
  13. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

I seriously doubt the Jetson over powered the usb system if it still works. You haven't told us what, if any, other things are attached to the Teensy that might have failed and shorted out the 3.3v supply.
  14. ETMoody3

Issues with Teensy 4.1

This might also be an issue with USB power management on the hosting computer, but without more information the only thing anyone can do is randomly guess.
  15. ETMoody3

Teesny audio over UDP

My personal experience as a musician is that anything over 30 ms latency gets annoying, under 30 ms ranges from acceptable to undetectable depending on context.
Back