Recent content by Finally_Joe

1. F

Use MKL26Z 32 VFT4 in place of the 64 for TeensyLC (until stock is back)

Hey, thanks so much, Paul. I sent you a direct email. I was able to source some micros from NXP directly. Either way, so the smaller capacity MKL26Z32VFT4 would NOT work? Due how the micro uses rom?
  2. F

Use MKL26Z 32 VFT4 in place of the 64 for TeensyLC (until stock is back)

Hello, Everyone. I'm working on a project which uses 19k of program space and 2.6k of dynamic memory. Do you think it will be easy to temporarily use the 32k/4k version of the KL26 with the teensyloader software and teensyLC modified custom programmer? Everyone is out of stock of the 64k/8k...
  3. F

What to Do with Reset Pin on MKL26 when Removed From Teensy-LC board

Oh shoot...interesting. Thanks, again. Any ideas why the program wouldn't initially run until I pulled the RESET_B pin high the first time? I know it wasn't actually running because the first thing it does is turn on some bright LEDs. Edit: Hmm, maybe I had a weak short to gnd on the...
  4. F

What to Do with Reset Pin on MKL26 when Removed From Teensy-LC board

Howdy, again. Forgive me if this answer exists on the forum, I believe I saw it once, but now I cannot find it... So I've got the MKL26 micro on a separate board with all the necessary Teensyduino programming pins broken out to a connector and I program the MKL26 with a Teensy-LC board minus...
  5. F

LC uC Pin 13 aka PTE29 as GPIO Output High / Low

Sweet. Thanks. I think I got it. Was seemingly easiest to "re-map" an unused pin from the same port (port E) to the PTE29 pin. For me, it was PTE30 to PTE29. I changed 2 things in core_pins.h and I believe it worked. Changed #define CORE_PIN26_BIT 30 to #define CORE_PIN26_BIT...
  6. F

LC uC Pin 13 aka PTE29 as GPIO Output High / Low

Anyone know how to use PTE29 or uC pinout #13 on the Teensy-LC? Just as a simple output digitalwrite type High or Low...
  7. F

TeensyLC Alternate UART0 / Serial1

Yes, it works! Thank you. Also, initially, it took me a little while to realize that Serialx.available(); returns the buffer size starting with 0. So for my 20 bytes recieve, I wait until Serial1.available() returns 19. I haven't tried Tx, yet, though.
  8. F

Awesome, Paul. Thanks, very much - you're a cool dude (as is this whole community). I downloaded the updated "serial1.c" and put it into the "\Arduino\hardware\teensy\avr\cores\teensy3" directory and overwrote the original "serial1.c." Then I simply removed my previous serial1 initializations...
  9. F

Thanks Michael. However, I don't believe that the "out-of-the-box" the setRX() and setTX() functions will work with this "ALT4" variation of Serial1. Serial1 seems to be UART0 and on the pin configuration sheet for the TeensyLC, I don't see that TeensyLC pins 24/A10 and 25/A11 are supported...
  10. F

Hello. I am trying to use the alternate UART0 / hardware Serial1 pins based on the LC KL26 datasheet. Can anyone tell me if this is even the correct way to use these? Serial1.begin(57600,SERIAL_8N1); // Disable default pins CORE_PIN0_CONFIG = 0; CORE_PIN1_CONFIG = 0; //TX - Alt4 usage...
  11. F

Cannot compile ST7565 LCD test program, Teensy 3.0 Beta10 Software, win7

Okay, I just got the test program to compile and run by making some changes to the library code. I deciphered what JBeale meant here: http://forum.pjrc.com/threads/1227-Teensy3-alternative-for-dtostrf()?highlight=st7565 for #1 and #2 in the code note. There was another error (see pic below)...
  12. F

Cannot compile ST7565 LCD test program, Teensy 3.0 Beta10 Software, win7

Hello Everybody. I am just getting started with working on my project. I am using the Teensy 3.0 and after I got the serial_install and Beta10 softare installed and connected up, the next step was to get the display working. I am trying to use the ST7565 LCD...
Back