Recent content by gotty101

1. G

Teency 4.1 i2s dac reccomendation

Hi all, I've done a fee projects with my 3.6's and they have been great. So this project I'm treating my self to a 4.1 but would like to have a dac with line in if possible. The pjrc sgtl5000 board would be good but its got an unneeded sd card port, I may have to go this way, but has anyone else...
  2. G

RA8876LiteTeensy For Teensy T36 and T40

Hi Guys, just thought I would update you on the slight issue I was having in the photo posted above. Basically the image was distorting and sometimes the screen would not initialise right. After messing with the timing things (should not have bothered) I tried my other spare display (same model...
  3. G

Hi guys, just thought i would update and share the changes so hopefully it may help someone else with this display Thanks to mjs513's tip i gave his suggestion a try and it works As before i init the SSD2828 chip as i said above in the previous post. So in case anyone else needs these are...
  4. G

Hi all, So ive got the 1280x400 bar-style IPS display and with the help of two people on here caiannello and fe0925 i manage to get it working. Ive currently got it running with this library https://github.com/caiannello/ER-TFTM0784-1 and got it running well on a teency 3.6 So after...
  5. G

Ported a driver for a 7.84" 1280x400 bar-style IPS display

Hi guys thanks for the replies. My display is set to use external input to drive the backlight at the moment so thats OK, and I've brought across the ssd2828 code and its initialising. I think its something to do with the display size now. Ive gone through and corrected the sizes for the ram...
  6. G

Ported a driver for a 7.84" 1280x400 bar-style IPS display

Just a heads up, it looks like this display is available again. https://www.buydisplay.com/spi-1280x400-7-84-ips-tft-lcd-module-with-ra8876-capacitive-touch-panel I've managed to get the due code from Craig running on the teency but its either long wires or timing errors as I'm getting...
  7. G

Hi mjs513, Thanks for the reply. So i did what you said and it compiles \o/ Thank you for your help Trev
  8. G

I guys, hopefully you can point out the daft thing im doing. ive downloaded the library from https://github.com/mjs513/Ra8876LiteTeensy When i open the graphics example and click build i get this error In file included from C:\Program Files...
  9. G

Ra8876

Hi Guys thanks for the replies Im powering the display using a 3.3v Switching Regulator, ive even tried my bench supply set to 3.3v. Like you say, they do draw a fair bit its reporting around 1amp draw with the teency and display. The jumper on my display is set so it can be powered at 3.3v...
  10. G

Ra8876

I know its a real long shot but has anyone had success with this display (https://www.buydisplay.com/spi-1280x400-7-84-ips-tft-lcd-module-with-ra8876-capacitive-touch-panel) ? I have tried contacting buydisplay but they cant help. The display is based on the RA8876 chip and im having trouble...
  11. G

Car Speed Sensor

Hello, i need the wisdom of the smart electronics people. The project is im building a speedo corrector for a car (im basically putting a focus 2ltr zetec engine into a car built in the 70's). The car uses a 3 wire sensor which outputs 10v when in front of metal and 0v when non present. The...
  12. G

LS7366R advice

Hi Paul I just wanted to say thank you for all your help regarding this. Tonight i finally cracked it. Basically its by far the most complicated thing ive ever made, and as a result i was very much second guessing myself. The main thing was this project has a glass linear encoder feeding a...
  13. G

LS7366R advice

Hi guys and girls, Hopefully you can help me. Ive been trying all day to solve this and i think im currently stuck. Ive got a teensy 3.5 on spi1 linked to a LS7366R and it should have a 4 byte counter. but no matter what i do it only ever seems to count on the first 2 bytes and nothing more...
  14. G

Hardware Quadrature Code for Teensy 3.x

Hi KurtE, thanks for the reply. That looks great. I'll buy a 3.6 and give it a go, if not if still got the 3.6 for another project. The pcb I've done is all 3.3v safe so would nice to have the choice between the two. Trev
  15. G

Hardware Quadrature Code for Teensy 3.x

Hi I've got both FTM1 and FTM2 working great on a teensy 3.5 but would like to look at using a Teensy 3.6. Is the FTM1 Quad B really on different pins in the 3.6? Thanks Trev
Back